CH.29 - dose he love me?

Jake's pov:

It's been a few months since the party and I can't stop thinking about it. I mean...does he really think that I would be better off without him? I can't think of a life without him, at least not a happy one. I truly do think that he's the love of my life. I just wish he could see that. That party was also the last one that he went to...he doesn't want to go to them anymore. It's understandable that he won't want to but I still feel bad leaving him home alone. I know what it's like to stay in this house alone and it's not a good feeling. I think it's really getting to johnnie. I just want to show him that he can still have fun at party's. I mean he can't hide away forever. And I can protect him. I know that he likes to believe that he doesn't need to be protected but..to be honest I like protecting him. Do I like that he gets into bad situations, no. But do I like the feeling of johnnie holding onto me like the world it's ending..yeah, I do. Does that make me a bed person, I don't think so. I like being protective over johnnie. And he knows that about me. He's fine with how overprotective and jellous I get. at least thats what he tells me. I just want to hold onto him forever. I never want him to let go.

"I mean Jake, do you think that johnnie will come?" Sam asks

"Huh? Can you repeat that..I wasn't listening" I chuckle

"Do you think Johnnie will come to the party tomorrow?"

"Oh... probably not." I sigh

"Do you want to try asking him?" He asks
"It won't hurt."

"I mean I'm sure he'll say no." I frown

"Aww, do you miss going to parties with your boo boo bear?" Colby laughs

"Fuck off, I have never once called him that." I jokingly push him

"You do have little couple names for him though." Colby smiles

"No, I don't." I cross my arms

"Oh yeah? Um Jake, what do bees make?" Sam asks

"Uh, honey?" I say confused

"Yeah Jake?" Johnnie says from the middle of the staircase

"Fuck you both.." I whisper
"Um we were wondering if you wanted to go to a party tomorrow? It's okay if you-" I get cut off

"Yeah, I'll go." He smiles

"Wait really?"

"Yeah..I kind of missed them." He rubs the back of his neck

"Hell yeah" Colby smiles

Johnnie joins us at the table and we all start to talk about the party until it's time to go to bed.

The next day, I wake up later than expected and have to hurry and get dressed. We wait a few hours until it's finally time to leave. I hold Johnnies hand the whole way to the party and as we walk in.

"You ready?" I ask him with a smile

"Yeah." He lets out a deep breath

"We all walk in but Johnnie drags me directly to to backyard. He pulls out a pack of cigarettes and hands me one.

"Need to smoke already" I chuckle as he lights my cig

"Shut up." He smiles

We take a seat in the lawn chairs after grabbing some beers from a cooler that was left outside. We dink about 2 beers each before finishing our cigarettes. We walk inside, heading straight to the kitchen and getting something to drink. A couple hours pass and Johnnie is completely waisted. I would make fun of him for being a light weight but he hasn't drank in a while so, I can't be mad. We stand around in the kitchen just talking. I don't want to drag him to play any of the drinking games. I don't want him to get anxious or anything. As we get another round of drinks he looks up at me with a stupid grin.