Chapter 8 Key

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

The acid burned as the vomit expelled from my mouth and into the toilet bowl. I kept retching until all that was left were dry heaves. I wanted to throw up more but there was nothing left in my stomach. The vomit swirls in the toilet as I flush it down. 

I couldn't look at myself in the mirror as I rinse my mouth out but I knew what I would see. There would be dark circles under my eyes from the lack of sleep. I hadn't brushed my hair in days so it was a tangled mess. My hair was greasy just like my face from not being washed. Everything in me wanted to take a shower but every time I would take off my clothes my body would shake uncontrollably. 

My feet dragged as I went back into the guest room I was staying in. My room had too many bad memories in it so there was no way in hell I was going in there. I plopped down onto the mattress wrapping myself in the cover my mother had carefully picked out. She loved to decorate and the guest room showed it. 

My phone let out a ding I knew it was a text from Suna or Kita. They would both send me a text every hour checking in on me. I used the excuse that I was sick to keep them away even though they both would still try to visit. They came with medicine or food that they would place outside my front for me to get. I felt bad lying but I couldn't tell them the truth. 

I had come close to telling Kita one time when he called me. As I tried to build up the courage to tell him a burning shame flushed over my body. My stomach twisted into knots and my face became hot. I knew I shouldn't feel ashamed but I couldn't help it. Even if it wasn't my fault what the Miya twins did I hated I didn't fight. I always thought in those situations I would be the girl to fight but instead, I just froze. No matter how much I tried I couldn't get rid of the burning shame in my gut. 

I ignored the phone not wanting to talk to Kita or Suna. 

I had almost drifted off to sleep when my phone started to ring. If they had gone out of their way to call me the least I could do was answered. I reached out to the bedside table patting it till I touched my phone. I brought the ringing phone under the covers with me. It hurt my eyes as the phone light blinded me. Even through my squinted eyes, I was able to hit the answer button. 

"Hello," my voice sounded rough as I spoke into the phone. It had been a couple of days since I last talked so my throat felt dry. 

"Sweety-" my mother's soothing voice chimed through the receiver "-are you okay" 

I jolted up right tossing the cover from my body. My phone slipped from my hand but I quickly caught it bring it back to my ear. 

"Mom, how are you?" 

It had been a week since we last spoke. My dad and her were both nature photographers. At the moment they were both in Africa tracking a herd of Zebra for a nature book they were hired to work on. They could only get into contact with me when they were at base camp which wasn't often.