ღA Melted Heartღ (Damon Salvatore) Brothers By Blood

3rd Person POV

(* means flash between 1864 & now)

Stefan was lying on a bench in the cellar that was made up into a bed. Sweat dripped off of him as he lay there, his eyes closed. When he opened his eyes, he was no longer in the cellar. He was back in 1864.. The year he died.

Men were carrying torches, Johnathan Gilbert leading the way. He pulled out his vampire tracking pocket watch and stared at the dial, which was pointing North.

Just then a few of the men in the revolt dragged a vampire who was passed out from being injected with vervain. Johnathan walked over to the vampire and slapped his face a few times waiting for a response... There was none. So he strapped on a muzzle over the vampire's mouth and threw him into the back of a carriage.

This carriage was also holding none other than Katherine Pierce.

Stefan and Damon watched from behind the bushes as another vampire was added to the towns collection. Both of them were trying to figure out a way to get their lover out without any harm coming to her.

“We have to get to the church, their waiting.” Johnathan announced to his men as they nodded together in agreement.

Stefan visibly gulped as he turned to his older brother, “You go around that way.. I'll distract them.”

Damon nodded and quietly followed his little brothers orders.

Stefan then stood up from his spot and walked towards the group of vampire hunters.

“Over here!” Stefan called, “There's another one, quick! Help me!” He said as he waved in a random direction as the men grabbed their torches and followed.

Only one man remained guarding the carriage as the other scurried after Stefan's lead. Little did the man know was that Damon was creeping up behind him.

Damon sucker punched the man.

And the man fell down, knocked out. Damon then dug through his pockets in search of the keys because without them he would have no luck in rescuing his beloved.

He grasped the key and unlocked the carriage. Stefan was trotting towards him once he had lost the men.

“We don't have long.” Stefan said as him and his brother ripped the carriage open.

Once open they both scanned the carriage, “Katherine.” Damon said spotting her curled up in the corner with a muzzle over he full red lips. She looked so weak and fragile it was almost scary.

Damon and Stefan reached in and pulled Katherine out. They set her to the ground gently as if she would break right before them. Damon then unclasped the muzzle and pulled it off of Katherine's beautiful face.

“Were going to get you out of here.” Damon soothed as he untied her wrists which were bonded by a thick rope.

Stefan glanced around, having an uneasy feeling, “Damon hurry.”

Damon finally got his love's hands free as a gun shot was heard.... Damon fell backwards onto the ground.

In less than a second Stefan had left Katherine's side and ran over to Damon's. Damon's breaths were coming out in gasps as blood filled his lungs from the shot. “No!” Stefan yelled as he gripped onto his brother's shoulders. Damon's eyes were now clouding over, the life leaving them. He let out one more breath.. as his heart stopped beating.

“Damon..” Stefan said quietly as he touched his brother's face.

Then footsteps were getting closer.