The Trauma

Continued..

"Can we?" He asked, his gaze earnest and filled with hope, waiting for her response as she met his eyes and replied, "Hmm..!"

He leaned in slightly to kiss her when a sudden knock on their door shattered the moment, breaking their trance.

Haseena, who had momentarily lost her composure, snapped back to reality and pushed him away, shocking him with her sudden reaction.

"Kya hua?" He asked, confusion evident in his tone.

"Darwaze par koi hai..!" She said nervously, her senses heightened by the interruption. He hummed in acknowledgment, walked to the door, and opened it to find a house helper standing there with a glass water jug.

"Kya hai?" Anubhav asked, slightly irritated at being disturbed during such an intense moment.

"Sir woh badi Bahu ke paani ke liye bola tha..!" The house helper explained, handing him the jug. Anubhav accepted it with a nod, instructed the helper not to disturb them further, and closed the door

"Pani maangaya tha tumne..!" He said, turning towards the bed, only to find Haseena missing.

"Yeh Kahan gyi?, shayad washroom mein hogi" He muttered to himself.

Meanwhile, inside the bathroom...

*Splash*

Haseena splashed water on her face and stared at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were red, reflecting the turmoil within as she replayed the moments before the interruption-the kiss, the intimate exchange, and Anubhav's heartfelt words. However, these memories were quickly overshadowed by the sting of a slap and a man's angry voice echoing in her mind.

"Tumhari himmat kaise huyi mere office mein phone karne ki..!" The man's voice thundered.

"Jaise teri himmat huyi us aurat ke saath sone ki..!" His wife retorted, her words laced with anger as another slap landed on her face.

"Maa..!" Their eight-year-old daughter, who had been silently witnessing everything through the peephole of the door, muttered in shock, her eyes wide with disbelief.

"Pati hoon tumhara isliye juban sambhal kar..!" The man clenched his teeth.

"Tu apna character nhi sambhal Paya aur mujhe juban sambhalne ke liye bol Raha hai..Abey kamine kam se kam apni betiyon ke bare mein toh soch leta..!" His wife's voice dripped with anger.

"Unke bare mein hi soch kar tu jaisi aurat ke saath ab tak hoon warna kab ka chhod deta tujhe phir rehti akele Bina pati ke, toh pata chalta Pati ki kimat..!" The man said angrily.

"Tch tch..pati ki kimat..tu pehle dhang se pati toh ban jata phir samjh leti Teri bhi kimat..do kaudi ka gira hua mard kahin ka..!" She taunted angrily, and he raised his hand to slap her again, but this time she grabbed his wrist and twisted it behind him.

"Haath chhod Mera phir batata hoon tujhe..!" He said angrily, but she tightened her grip, causing him to wince in pain.

"Mard ho na toh chhuda lo, pata toh chalega ki kitni mardangi baaki hai tumhare andar..!" She taunted him, tightening her grip even more. He struggled, but she tightened her hold, making him wince again. When he tried to push her with his other hand, she grabbed that too and twisted it behind him.

"Nandini haath chhod do Mera..!" He groaned, and she smiled triumphantly.

"Kyu sari mardangi bas mujh par haath uthane aur us do kaudi ki aurat ke saath sone mein khatm ho gyi..!" She taunted, he glared her but she didn't even blinked.