Twenty-Three: "𝙏𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧."

"Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change."

- Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley Frankenstein

"Dalaric." I groan.

"Dalaric." I huff again, wiping off some of the sweat on my forehead.

He hums, clutching my waist tighter and burying his face in my tummy. He spent one hour- sixty whole minutes- kissing my body.

It wouldn't have taken so long if I didn't try to run away every three minutes, embarrassed of how my body was reacting. Each time, Dalaric chased me down and threw me over his shoulder, adamant to prove me wrong about there being too many marks to kiss.

My face was beet red by the time he was done and I teared up- slightly embarrassed that I made some weird noises too. Those feelings and sounds were so foreign to me so I avoided him for an hour after that, but I got bored and needed his arms. Dalaric looked like he wanted to laugh.

After, the caveman wanted a hair massage so he laid between my legs, putting his head on my tummy and his arms around my waist, which resulted in us falling asleep. Intimacy at its best.

My eyes wander to the clock on the side table which reads five in the morning. Why is it so hot in here?

"Did you turn the heater on?"

He hums again.

"Can you turn it off, please? I'm burning up here, dude."

"I'm not moving." Dalaric mutters against my stomach which is bare because of how far my hoodie rode up.

My legs are bare too, only clad in sleeping shorts. My face heats up in the dark as I think of how his eyes lingered there.

Nope. Not thinking about it.

I sigh as I try and find a way to cool myself down.

Maybe kipp can turn it off? How do you signal a bird? I look down at the hoodie that covers my arms and upper chest, mentally trying to remember if I have a bra on or not. It's dark anyways, he wouldn't notice, right?

My hands detangle themselves from my boyfriend's hair and I try and sit up, before pulling the hoodie off my slightly sweaty body. Letting out a sigh of relief when I see my trusty bra, I lay back down and kiss Dalaric's forehead. Much better.

That comfort only lasts for a few minutes before I let out a minuscule shriek.

"Oh my."

My eyes widen as Dalaric pulls me forward using both his strong arms, so that he can stuff his face right between my- Oh my.

"Much better." I hear him whisper against my skin.

Not what I meant.

"You-You're on my um-chest, Dalaric."