Thirty-Five: "𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙙."

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

- Laozi

"Blubber

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Blubber...bubba...penguie..."

God, she talks even more in her sleep.

It's her birthday today. And her graduation. This idiot thought I'd forget so she purposely avoided the subject, going as far as to hiding most of the calendars. She even took it off my phone. It's the day the love of my life was born, there's no way I'd fucking forget.

We went shopping yesterday and got things for the house, along with parrot food. Every minute after that trial feels like a damn dream. It's hard to believe that things are changing. Mayella's so excited for her graduation and even tried on the cap. She looked so fucking mine.

I'm so proud of my girl.

"Mhmm..." I hear mumbles sound from my side and I turn in case she's having a nightmare. Mayella, half-asleep, sits up straight and opens her arms to me with her eyes still closed.

"Dalaric. Warmth, please." I sigh, placing her on top of me before wrapping us in a thick blanket in her burrito style. She needs the sleep. She adorably smiles on my chest before laying a kiss on it, murmuring something about biting.

She bit me a night ago. I'm not talking about the normal bites. She bit my neck for real. And when I asked her why, she said it was because mates have to 'mark' each other. Sometimes my little bundle of happiness really fucking scares me.

My eyes wander to the clock. Two in the morning. I can't fucking sleep. Not after the good news. Knowing she's staying with me is so fucking comforting. I would be crying if it wasn't for the girl in my arms. She's everything.

My mind races with thoughts of uncertainty. What happens next? The fuck am I supposed to do without a job? There's just so many damn things and it'll be hard to choose. But I don't have to worry if I've got her. So I won't.

For now, might as well just shove my face into her chest and call it a night.

I don't mind doing that for the rest of my life.

␈ ␈ ␈

"Eeeeee!" She squeals. "I'm graduating! Babycakes, can you put this on me?"

Mayella hands me her cap before trying to set down some of her flyaways. I do it for her and put the cap on her head, making sure it won't fall off because of her bobblehead tendencies.

"I think it starts now, we should head in. It's a shame they don't let parrots in. Kipp was really excited." Mayella mumbles holding on to my arm.

That feels so fucking good for some reason.

"Mhm. We'll take pictures." Mayella nods at my idea, grabbing my hand and walking towards the entrance of her high school. I've never been inside before but I fucking hate it. Mayella went through a lot on these grounds.

Dalaricजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें