Thirty-Nine: "𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚."

"A bridge of silver wings stretches from the dead ashes of an unforgiving nightmareto the jeweled vision of a life started anew."

- Aberjhani

"Da-Dalaric? Hello?" I frown when he hangs up

My heart beats erratically. I know what he's thinking. This is bad. He's definitely really anxious right now and thinks I'm in some sort of trouble.

God, why do I make him worry so much? I really should stop climbing the counters. And eating those really spicy noodles that mess up my intestines.

My eyes make it to the room across me where T stays. Kirra is ecstatically playing a game of heads up with him as he weakly laughs.

T was bleeding. I saw him when I passed by the reception and resorted to immediately panicking and calling for help. He didn't have the energy to even get up. I called Kirra and asked for some help and she was even more worried than I was.

Everything happened so fast and I didn't have time to update Dalaric.

And now he's on his way here, anxious and worried just because I didn't inform him in time. I didn't even tell him why I'm here in the first place.

I take some deep breaths, just praying and hoping that he doesn't do something dumb. I'm scared. About a lot of things.

Especially about how I'm going to meet mama in about thirty minutes.

Loud footsteps echo from the hallway and I get up hastily right before Dalaric pulls me into his arms. He lets me go and scans me for any harm done before resting both his hands on his knees and letting out a shaky breath.

"Oh, thank God. Fuck. Thank God."

"Babycakes? Are you okay?" Dalaric doesn't answer as his eyes catch the sight of T in the hospital room.

He turns to me and then back to T, asking me a silent question which I don't want to answer for some reason.

One deep sigh later, he walks into T's room after giving me the 'stay-put' look. I watch as they talk and Dalaric has an apologetic face on as T tries to convince him that he's okay.

I have a hunch that Kirra likes T. Which is probably why she was really upset when we saw him. She smiles at me as she exits to call a nurse. I decide to take a walk around just to get some fresh air, in hopes to simmer down some of the fear.

I just...didn't want to tell him. And I don't even know why. Is it because I blamed him for this? I don't think I blamed him back then either. Is it because I fear he might lash out on her?

Dalaric hates everyone who hurts me. He threatened Shay and Mikey when he found out about Landon, too. He went as far as to setting restraining orders on them. I think they're too scared to even set foot in a Starbucks. My boyfriend's got eyes everywhere. They don't really deserve coffee, anyways.