Thirty-Three: "𝘽𝙞𝙜 𝙗𝙖𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙡𝙛."

"In the middle of it all, pause and look around you. Appreciate what's beautiful. Take in the love. Nod to what's good and true. And then move forward one step at a time."

- Kathy Freston

I yawn, my body warm and relaxed from getting a good nights sleep

I yawn, my body warm and relaxed from getting a good nights sleep. Two arms encage me and successfully hold me close to a rigid body. I look down at my own arms that's holding a very sleepy Mr. Jones Sr. He's been feeling left out lately. All because a certain someone keeps yeeting him off the bed.

My chubby fingers try to remove Dalaric's hands from around my waist but I fail twice. I turn in his hold to get my daily dose of staring, setting Mr. Jones Sr. next to his son.

He's so beautiful. And stressed out. It's been two days since his meeting with Dan and all he's been doing is consulting lawyers and asking me if I'm sure about giving a statement tomorrow. Along with force feeding me soup even though I'm perfectly fine now.

We don't really talk about the case much. There's a lot more that he's going to jail for. Including drugs. Although my boyfriend keeps me in the loop, he knows that I would rather not think about him. So we don't talk about it. I'm still scared, though. Scared of tomorrow. But I know it's what we both need.

My face automatically morphs into a smile at the sight of the love of my life. I move to kiss his cheek and his hold loosens, the crease between his brows disappearing. I kiss his forehead and his arms unwound from my waist. My legs prepare to jump off the bed but I'm pulled back, and shown a mad Dalaric who stubbornly moves his face to the left.

Oops. I forgot the right cheek. I whisper a few 'I love you's' until he's satisfied then get off the bed, making sure to sneakily place Mr. Jones Sr. into Dalaric's arms. He gets all grumpy when he doesn't get cuddles. He doesn't have to know it's a penguin he's holding instead of me. Same thing either way.

My phone buzzes as I walk into the washroom, a text from Vera appearing.

Veeeeee 🚗: Your costume's ready. The children are really excited, thank you for volunteering!

I send her a nice reply back, giddily running into the washroom. I called Vera yesterday, when I was unnecessarily bed ridden, to volunteer for the children's costume party that she had mentioned a while back. It's taking place in the nearby hospital.

She was happy that I volunteered because she needed as many people to help. The children's hospital is for long term child care and even though I'm really bad with little kids, I want to make them smile. So I'm dressing like Little red riding hood.

Yay.

Spending a bit longer to freshen up, I nod at my appearance in the mirror. Yummy, I look really pretty. I take a picture and add it to Dalaric and I's shared photo album.