5.

"Maybe I didn't know him until yesterday, but I'd say my favorite is this little, I mean, 159-centimeter tall, driver with the number 22."

~•~

~•~

Sunday was here, and that meant race day.

Mira probably wouldn't have woken up because she forgot to set her alarm, but luckily for her, Lily was eagerly anticipating seeing her boyfriend starting from eighth place, so she woke up very early and didn't forget to start frantically banging on her friend's room door to make it clear that she was up and wanted to head out as soon as possible. She wanted to see Oscar before the race, and since they always had a lot of media obligations, plus the drivers' parade, there wasn't much time.

"I hope you're not still asleep," Lily yelled at her through the door, and she didn't care that she was standing in the hallway and people in the other rooms probably wanted to sleep.

The clock showed just after half-past seven in the morning, so Mira knew that if she woke anyone up, that person wouldn't be happy.

She rolled onto her side, facing the door, and yelled back at her friend because she didn't want to get up and open it. "Yeah, I've been up for a while."

She was lying, and that meant one thing. Now she had to get ready as quickly as possible because Lily would start banging on the door again in about ten minutes, saying they were leaving, and they would have breakfast at the Motorhome.

She dressed in black shorts and a white crop top with black stripes, and she just brushed her hair so that it wouldn't stick out in all directions. She didn't have time to make herself look very beautiful, so she had to be minimalist.

She almost didn't have time for makeup. She was halfway through applying mascara when her blonde friend began vigorously banging on the door, telling her that the Uber was downstairs and she needed to hurry. Fortunately, she managed to apply mascara quickly, and then she just had to quickly put on her sneakers, which was a minor problem, and Lily gave her a murderous look for her delay, but in the end, she just laughed and they went hand in hand to the car.

"Oscar mentioned to me that Yuki was asking about you," Lily announced to her as she sat in the seat next to her. She said it with such icy calmness as if nothing had happened. But something had happened because Mira hadn't expected it. She had talked to him for a while, but she didn't expect him to ask about her the next day.

"And?" Mira tried to sound calm. She didn't want to show that she was a little nervous about the fact that a Formula 1 driver was asking about her.

"Nothing, he just asked," Lily shrugged, "he wanted to know if you were coming today and what time you would be coming."

"Why?" Mira didn't understand. She didn't know what could interest the boy because she didn't say anything interesting. At most, she could interest him by being from Japan and speaking to him in his native language.