6.

"Sharks are very dangerous animals.
Like the Longfin Mako Shark?
It's the most aggressive shark."

~•~

~•~

As Yuki promised, he did. After the race, which didn't go well for him, but despite that, Mira was proud of him - after all, why wouldn't she be, being the only Japanese among the drivers -, he sought her out. He was glad she wasn't near the McLaren garage or their MotorHome. She stood with Lily and Kiki, Pierre's girlfriend, in the middle of the paddock, laughing at something.

Lily introduced Kiki to the girl when she finally managed to pull her friend away from the VisaCash Motorhome. They still had some time before the race, but Oscar had some media obligations, and they were subsequently filming some short videos with Lando, so she needed her friend not to be alone - it seemed a bit hypocritical to Mira because she couldn't be without her, but when Lily left her for Oscar yesterday, she didn't feel good. Mira let Lily be when she distanced herself from her yesterday and found entertainment on her own, but Lily wouldn't leave Mira alone and had to be with her when she didn't have her Oscar.

Fortunately, it didn't bother her because Kiki was a really great girl, and they hit it off right away. Within five minutes, they exchanged phone numbers and were already making plans for various events they would have to attend together. Kiki even didn't forget to mention that she was a huge fan of Mira's, so the girl promised her a ticket to any of her future concerts of her choice - she even promised two tickets so that Kiki wouldn't have to go alone and could take, for example, Pierre.

"I keep my promises," Yuki told her in Japanese as he stood next to her, which startled all three girls who had been paying attention only to their conversation, ignoring their surroundings.

"I can see that," Mira smiled, "too bad you didn't do better in the race. Aren't you sad about it?"

"I definitely expected a better race, but it happens. I just had bad luck today, but next time, I'll kick everyone's ass," he replied, and Mira laughed at the last part of his sentence.

"I think you'll have to wait a while longer for someone like Max, because I'm probably saying it wrong, but your little ass is far from Red Bull," Mira told him. She wasn't a big fan of Red Bull, but she knew it would take a few more years for any team to overthrow them from their current throne. And she knew very well that the VisaCash team wouldn't be the one to do it because it was a Red Bull junior team, and Red Bull wouldn't allow them to be better than them.

"Ouch, that hurt, you know?" the boy made a sad face and grabbed his chest as if it had hit him right in the heart. Mira just shook her head at how childishly Yuki behaved at this moment, but at the same time, she was glad he didn't try to act like an adult. He missed out on most of his childhood because of go-karts, so he shouldn't try to grow up quickly - everyone deserves moments when they can behave like children.