8.

"A fat girl is disgusting, and nobody wants to date a fat girl."

~•~

~•~

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING
BODY SHAMING, FATPHOBIA, EATING DISORDER ⚠️

On Monday, Mira returned to Italy because she had work in progress that she needed to finish.

Lily and Oscar tried to persuade her to stay for another day because Max's victory was going to be celebrated, along with the podium for others, for one more day. However, Mira couldn't stay. She had to return to Rome because there was work waiting for her there, work that she should have finished a long time ago instead of traveling abroad to watch fast cars.

She committed to creating three songs for three famous people. And famous people are impatient. Two songs are for local Italian celebrities who want a good song entirely in English.

Mira speaks Italian; she learned it when she decided to move to Italy. She attended Italian courses for two years and tried to chat with locals as much as possible. But they didn't want an Italian song from her, so it had to be English again.

And the third song was for an American emerging singer who wanted a song in the style of the 90s. So, another very complicated matter, because the 90s weren't her area of expertise - she had never used that style herself because she didn't have the voice for it, and she knew it wouldn't be as successful for her.

Mira had plenty of work ahead of her, so she started working on the plane. However, she had to stop eventually because there was a small child sitting behind her, kicking her seat the whole way, so she redirected all her energy into not turning around and punching the kid.

The girl liked children. They never bothered her, and she could communicate with them and take care of them up to a point, but she couldn't stand these ill-mannered children. She knew they weren't mostly to blame, but their parents, who didn't care, and yet those kids should learn not to do certain things when told not to for the tenth time.

It was simply one of the worst plane rides Mira had ever experienced.

At home, she unpacked immediately and started with the laundry because she didn't want to postpone things until the last minute. Meanwhile, she received messages from Lily and Oscar, telling her how much fun they were having, but that it would definitely be better if she were there. Mira didn't want to believe that the duo was serious because they never really went to parties with her - Oscar generally didn't go out because he was too busy with go-karts and then with Formula, and Lily didn't go if Oscar didn't go, so neither did she. Mira didn't go because she wouldn't know anyone there, so she thought it wouldn't be fun.

Since she became a singer, she attended some parties because it was just part of her job. She was invited to various after-parties or pre-listening parties, where a celebrity invited you to listen to their new album. She herself organizes such events but never turns them into a huge party by inviting dozens of people and renting a bar. They always just sit in the studio, with a maximum of ten people, talk about life, and listen to her new album.