7.

When she talked about singing with people who weren't involved in the industry, they usually brushed her off and changed the subject.
Yuki didn't.

~•~

It was a little after seven o'clock when Mira decided to sit down in the hall and try to look at the songs in the album. During her time in the paddock, she felt like she got an idea, so maybe she would write something now.

Despite the fact that the only meal she had eaten during the day was a tiny portion of salad, she completely ignored the rumbling in her stomach. She had experienced worse, and cramps hadn't come yet, so she knew she wasn't in the worst shape yet.

With her notebook, a notepad where she wrote down song ideas, and a small portable piano, she sat down on the chairs in the corner of the hall. There, where no one would disturb her, because that's the last thing she wanted right now.

With headphones in her ears, she clicked on everything possible just to find the right melody. She had the melody in her head and now she just needed to get it into the computer - it wasn't so easy because it wasn't an explicitly simple melody. In the end, however, she managed to put at least the first minute and a half into the program - and it only took half an hour.

The times when she managed to write a song in fifteen minutes were long gone. Now she was glad when she came up with a melody within an hour. She didn't have absolute pitch, so it was a bit more complicated. Plus, when she mumbled something and finally came up with an idea, she never knew in which notes she wanted it. She knew the range she could sing, but it wasn't as simple as everyone thought.

She vaguely noticed someone sitting in the chair next to her. She rolled her eyes because the hall was empty, so she didn't understand why that person had to sit right next to her when they could see she was working on something.

She was about to say something when she noticed who the person was. Automatically, a smile appeared on her face when her eyes met his.

"Shouldn't you be at the bar like everyone else?" Mira asked him and hung her headphones around her neck - it seemed impolite to have them on her ears when talking to someone. Even though nothing was playing in them.

What Mira knew was that most athletes went to the bar with their girlfriends after they returned from all those media nonsense. Oscar, of course, went with Lily, but he also invited his friend. She refused. She tried to limit alcohol and mainly wanted to work. Some would say that going to the bar would clear her head and maybe she would even come up with something, but she didn't work like that. She needed those songs quickly and didn't need to relax in a bar somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

"I don't really celebrate with them much," the Asian replied, "but when I go once in a while, they talk about it for months." Mira laughed at his last sentence.

She couldn't imagine Yuki starting it on the dance floor after overdoing it with drinks. He looked like a decent guy, if you forget that his mouth is more foul than Samuel Lee Jackson himself.