Chp-11: The Woman

After collecting some courage, she moved towards the woman, they were very close, so Cady's eyes widened and tears started to roll down her cheeks. The woman took Cady in her arms and they hugged each other tightly. Cady moved back and wiped her tears off. She moved back and then looked at the woman's face again, a small smile appeared on her face. It was her mother, she finally understood the woman with such a beautiful and sweet voice is her mother. Before she could say anything, her mother spoke, "Cady, come with me, I'll take you to your father...we'll rescue him together!" Cady looked up at her and then took a deep breath, she was trying to make a decision, all those words her mother spoke to her as 'the voice' were echoing in her head, she constantly remembered how she motivated her during her low times. Cady nodded and her mother took her hand. Suddenly she found herself in a castle, it was quite dark. There were black flags with the symbol of a devil in red on every pole. Atop the huge staircase stood an immense throne resembling the devil's throne. Cady was lying on the staircase, confused, and the second moment she was devastated by the fact that once again she was betrayed, but this time, it was her mother, or was she? Everything seemed to be blurred due to the tears forming in her eyes. Suddenly a tall figure appeared out of nowhere and began to walk towards her. Cady moved backward but bumped into another tall figure who was wearing grey armor and had a stamp of the devil in red. Cady then looked towards the tall figure, and she then realized it was Taurus. He smiled and said mockingly "Oh sweetheart, don't you worry! We'll take good care of you...we'll feed you the best delicacies and give you one of the most luxurious rooms. You'll wear one of the most expensive clothes, get to use the best technology and every other thing you could ever imagine, free of cost! Only one condition..." he paused for a moment and sighed, he then said "Give me all your powers. That's it, we'll take it from you and it won't hurt at all!" Anger was boiling in Cady's eyes, she got up and shouted "I won't, you devil! I am going to save the Enchanters from your cruel rule!" Taurus began to laugh maniacally, he then signaled the armored man to take Cady away, he grabbed her arm and began to drag her, she put all her efforts into getting free from his grip, but with every movement, his grip became tighter, and tighter, Taurus stood there grinning like a devil. Every maid and servant looked at Cady with pity, her screams echoed through the gigantic hall. Cady shouted "Tell me about that voice...woman, whatever! who brought me here!" Taurus signaled that man to stop and he spoke "Well...should I tell you? Should I? Let me think...fine!" He chuckled and moved a step forward. After giving it a dramatic pause, he said "Well, she isn't your mother. You could say she works for us and we told her to become like your mother and act like her and bring you here...well, give me your powers and you'll get everything, or spend five more years in jail and after five years when you are eighteen, you'll be executed." Cady's eyes widened and her eyes watered up. The tall man began to drag her again and then Taurus spoke again, "By the way, that woman is an Aurelia." Cady remembered the line about Aurelia in the book. She remembered the exact words, "Aurelia is the wandering spirit, looking to steal someone's identity." Everything began to make sense. Cady realized everything was falling apart and nothing could be done now. She gave up, let her body loose, and thought 'Li, come and save me, please..' She couldn't give her powers to a dictator like Taurus...thousands and thousands of lives or her own life. She was used to deciding which book series to read first, not the decisions of lives.

Everything seemed hopeless...nothing could be done now.