Chp-17: Azeron

Alexa didn't sleep at all last night. She constantly cursed herself for not seeing this coming and trusted a man from Taurus's army. The carriage stopped outside the border of Azeron. The rider jumped down and showed the soldier guarding the gate a letter. After looking at it, the soldier opened the gate and the rider climbed back up. He lunged the horse and they were inside Azeron. The streets of Azeron were filled with market stalls. Children were running here and there and men were selling the products. Women were bargaining, and a few were selling fruits vegetables, and toys. Alexa was shocked as the city of Azeron was described better in the book.

Shifter got up and looked at Alexa. He understood why she was shocked and said, "After Taurus's rule only the intelligent people, wealthy businessmen, and traders lived in the luxurious part of Azeron." Alexa's hatred towards Taurus increased more and more. Everywhere, all she found were people in extreme poverty. After a few miles, they came across another gate, and the rider showed the same letter to the gatekeeper. They were granted the permission to get in. The place which they now entered was completely the opposite compared to the previous one. Every single person wore luxurious clothes and rode in very expensive carriages. Even the dogs were well dressed. A very ancient and aesthetic library was to be found on every corner. Outside another gate, they stopped. The rider got down and so did Shifter. Alexa thought 'There are too many gates here!' Alexa also got down and saw a huge, gigantic castle. It was completely black. With wooden windows everywhere. Atop the castle, an enormous flag of Taurus was waving, like it is proud to belong to Taurus, the son of the devil. The rider got back on the carriage and rode away. Shifter walked towards the gatekeeper, took a small piece of paper out of his pocket, and showed it to him. He opened the gate and Shifter looked at Alexa. They both walked in and Alexa's heart beat faster every minute.

Shifter looked at Alexa and sighed, he said, "Look, I know you are mad at me. But, this is my job! Answer to Lord Taurus's questions normally. Don't be sarcastic." Alexa shouted, "He is not Lord!" She then looked away and began to think in what condition Cady must be in the rotting prison of this magnificent castle. They were soon at the enormous doorstep of the castle, The soldiers pushed it open and they both entered the castle. The passage floor was covered with red carpets and flags of Taurus everywhere. They were walking in complete silence. Alexa looked to her right and found a wooden door with magnificent carvings. She asked Shifter, "Where does that door lead to?" Shifter looked back towards Alexa and then toward the door. He answered, "It is the library." Alexa thought 'I should ask Shifter if I could get a few books. Yes, I should take a few for Cady.' Alexa asked, "Maybe, I could get one or two books?" Shifter turned back again looking annoyed. He said sternly, "We have to go to Lord Taurus! Not explore a library!" Alexa made an innocent face and said, "Please, Cady would love it! She is all alone, please, I beg you!" Alexa hated to plead in front of someone but she had to as this was the only way to melt Shifter's wax heart. Just like a wax, his heart had the texture of hardness but fire ( the warmth ) could easily melt his heart. The fire and the warmth were Alexa's innocence. Shifter sighed and called one of the guards. Shifter said to the guard, "That girl has a sister who is just thirteen years old and locked up in the prison. She wants to bring her some books to, you know, distract her mind from all this mess." The guard looked at Alexa and examined her. He nodded and Shifter walked towards the library door. He opened it and went inside. This brought a smile to Alexa's face. The guard walked towards Alexa and stood next to her. After a few minutes, Shifter came outside with a pile of books in his hands. He handed it over to Alexa and she began to count them. There were three books. It was the Powerless by Lauren Robert trilogy. Alexa said, "Thank you." Shifter sighed and said, "Follow me." Shifter began to walk again and Alexa followed her, the guard followed them.

After crossing many heavily decorated, antique doors, they stood before a gigantic door. Two guards were guarding the door. Alexa knew that they were going to meet Taurus now. The guards opened the mighty door, and there he was, Taurus, sitting on the chair, just like an apathetic. Shifter and Alexa walked towards him and a grin appeared on his face. He stood up and said, "Well, well! Look who is here! Good Job Shifter!" he said this in such a loud voice that it echoed in the courtroom and the workers in the halls would also have heard. Taurus's eyes shifted to the books Alexa was holding for a minute but he then looked at her face again. Alexa held the books even more tightly as if she was hugging them. She was breathing rapidly and her heart was pounding, what was going to happen next? What will happen when Cady refuses to give her powers? Is this the end? The end of Cady, the Imaginarium, herself, everyone? Such terrifying questions were popping into Alexa's mind. This made her hands sweet and cold at the same time. Shifter stood beside her expressionless as if his death was also near. Well, it was, as Alexa could sense that a war was near. She suddenly got a vision, a vision from the future. She stood still, Taurus moved close to her and once she blinked, he asked, "Tell me what you saw." Alexa gulped and said quietly, " A war is about to be waged between the devil and the creator and even among the kin too." Taurus's eyes widened as he heard the word 'Kin'. Shifter asked Alexa, " You have the powers to see the future?" Alexa nodded. Everything fell silent in the courtroom. Taurus stood there, all shook.