Chapter :- 01

Y/n Pov :-

I lived in Daegu so...Daegu is the third-largest urban agglomeration in South Korea after Seoul and Busan
And most importantly my birth place.

My father own a café here visited by locals and a few tourists passing
through on their way to somewhere else.

My mother died when I was only 10 years old, and ever since then I was
his only helper in this cafe. He would cook the few dishes we offered on the menu, and I would serve the customers.

It was a lonely, boring life. I loved my father, but it was not what I wanted for myself. I am 20 years old. I had hoped to move out when I finished school at 18 but I didn't have nearly enough money to got admission in Daegu university.
And my father had begged me to stay. Without my help, the café would go under because he couldn't afford to pay anyone else.
Plus he said he would die of loneliness without me, which broke myheart. So I stayed.

I lived with Appa above the café. Our closest neighbor and regular customer was a 65-year-old widow who would walk a mile every morning to have coffee and chitchat with my Appa.

At 51, Papa was much younger than his age. He had been older than my mother, and they had had me much later in life.

Papa had loved my mother madly, and he still miss her ..cry for her everyday...

Sometimes I felt like my own life had ended with here.
Seven days a week, I took orders for coffee, pastries, and the occasional
meal.
On Sundays I would walk to the Daegu Gyesan-dong Church because we were too poor to afford a car. Then I had to walk back home in time for afternoon lunch in the café.

My father is a God fearing person. We attended every Sabbath.
He says "The gift of the Sabbath must be treasure, blessed are you who honor this day"..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°