Chapter :- 10

Yn Pov :-

I cried out and tried to back away from the door, but the door had
already closed behind me. I flattened myself against the door and peered up at him in terror But he just gazed down at me with his black Doe eyes and gave me an amused smile.

"Come Here, have a drink," Namjoon said as he poured a light brown liquid into a glass on the tablebeside me.
"You could use a little something to put the blood back in your cheeks."
I looked around, frightened out of my mind. I was in some sort of a room, filled with leather chairs, dark wood paneling, and dim lighting. The scent of cigar smoke hung faintly in the room.

Namjoon strolled towards Jimin and Taehyung. They stood off to the side with drinks in their hands.
"Is that the girl he saw?" Jimin whispered to Taehyung.
"If it wasn't her, I don't think she would've nearly fainted when she saw him!" Taehyung whispered back his shoulder.
Jimin just nodded to Taehyung like That's her.

Jungkook sat at the far end of the room in a high-backed leather chair behind a massive desk. He looked like an emperor on his throne.

I turned away in embarrassment .

"Drink, drink," Namjoon said as he offered me the glass.
"No thank you," I mumbled as I stared at floor.

Had they brought me here to kill me like he had killed the man in the café?

"It's only brandy drink!" Namjoon ordered.
"She probably thinks you poisoned it," the shorty said.
"Don't say such things, putting ideas in her head," Taehyung said.

Namjoon cursed, both of the men. He gulped half of the brandy in one swallow and set the glass back down beside me.

"See? No poison, just brandy! And now my germs, yes, but the alcohol will kill all that. Drink, for God's sake!" he said.

I took a sip, mostly to quiet him down and keep him off my back.I coughed as the liquid burned in my throat.

"Are you alright?!" Namjoon asked in alarm.
"I get the feeling she's probably never had drink before," Taehyung said.
"It's not scotch or whiskey, it's brandy!" Namjoon exclaimed.

The giant shrugged. "She's rather innocent." Namjoon looked down at me.

"Have you had brandy before?"
I shook my head 'no' as I coughed some more.

"Damn," he cursed again. "A babe in the woods."

"And a beautiful one, at that," bear said..
"Hands off, Taehyung!" Namjoon threatened him.
"I wasn't going to touch her," Taehyung protested.

For the first time since I had entered the room, Jungkook spoke.
"Yn is our guest," he said in his deep, smoky voice. "No one is to touch her. Understood?"
"I meant no disrespect," Taehyung said to Jungkook.
"Don't say it to me say it to her."

The gorgeous and most handsome man looked at me with wary eyes. "Sorry, I meant no disrespect."
I just nodded mutely.

Jungkook again said in a slightly mocking tone of voice. "Her absence will loosen her father's tongue or don't you agree Consigliere"?

'Counselor.'

It was the term used for a mafias right-hand man, the godfather's most trusted advisor.So Namjoon was the Master joen's consigliere and the second-most powerful man in this room.
No wonder he joked and shouted while the others kept quiet.

"You could've done that without bringing her here!" Namjoon fumed.
"Have you forgotten what line of work you're in?! A few threats would've worked nicely!"
Then Namjoon turned back to me hastily and said in a reassuring voice,
"Not that we would have necessarily followed through on the threats, mind you."

'Necessarily' was the one word that stood out. I understood all too well the implied threat.But despite the danger I was in,.
A chill ran down my spine every time I glanced over at him and saw him watching me like a predator looks at its prey. I thought of Miss Eun's warning: Master Jeon just returned home after four years in prison... he has not had a woman since his arrival... never be in a room alone with him.

The way Jungkook looked at me, I understood all too well what she meant. Suddenly Namjoon plopped down on the leather seat across from me. He smiled warmly.

"Well, yn, you've certainly had quite the evening, haven't you? Have another sip of your brandy."

I choked down a bit more. I had no desire to run afoul of a consigliere.

"So...Had you seen before that man who killed in your café?"

"No."
"I'm sure."
"Do you think your father might have been acquainted with him?"

I thought of the ugly man and his final words to me, "Tell your father my compliments to the chef".
A flicker of fear passed through me and it did not go unnoticed.

Namjoon leaned forward. There was something in his manner that reminded me of a serpent eyeing a baby chick. "What was that?"
"What was what?"
"That little twitch," he said, gesturing to his own face. "You had a thought just now. What was it?"

Perhaps it was the brandy that gave me courage or perhaps I was just tired of being pushed around all evening. Either way, I snapped,

"I was wondering what kind of a man badgers a woman who's just seen someone murdered and by someone else in the same room, no less."
Taehyung snickered over by the wall. Jungkook smirked.
But Namjoon gave me a cold smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"You're lying to me, yn," he said quietly. "It would be a very good idea for you to tell me the truth."
As he stared into my eyes, Isuddenly realized that the laughter, the shouting, the charm it was all a façade.

Namjoon played the fool, but that was just to creep past your defenses.Close enough to stab you with a stiletto. I was frightened by the change in his mood but I tried to hide it with more bluster.

"I want to go to bed. Or are you going to stop me from doing that?"
"No one here will stop you from doing anything, Yn," Namjoon Continue. "Except leaving thus mension. That is punishable by....."

Suddenly Jungkook 's voice interrupted from the back of the room.
"Namjoon...
It was a warning.
A command to back off. Because I knew what the next word would have been, Punishable by death. There was a flash of anger in Namjoon 's eyes... and then he was back to his regular old charming self.

"Of course, of course," he said as he settled back in his chair. "You must be exhausted, you should go up and sleep. We can continue our talk tomorrow
I nodded and got unsteadily to my feet.
"Taehyung, escort her to her room," Jungkook commanded.
"I can find my own way back," I protested.
"I know you can. Regardless, he's going with you."
I glared at Jungkook, but he just calmly stared back at me with those
mesmerizing eyes. It was hard to look away, but eventually I did.
"...fine," I said, wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible. As I turned to leave, Taehyung walked over to escort me to my room.
"Sweet Dreams," Namjoon said with a touch of mockery in his voice.

Literally...

Kept here against my will, in a house full of mafia murder?I was sure my dreams would be anything but. I left the room as quickly as I could, with taehyung trailing behind me up the stairs. When I got to my room, he stopped at the threshold.

"Sleep well," he said, then closed the door. I heard a click. After he left, I tried the doorknob...and discovered I was locked in. I went to bed, but it was many hours before I could sleep. Because even though I was locked in they were not locked out...

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Please Vote and comments🌹