Plan B

Liz woke up early in the morning and went for a jog. She had her hair in a ponytail so her hair wouldn't go in front of her eyes. She had on shorts and a tank top, music playing in her ears as she ran. Liz was trying to get her mind focused on protecting her family after what Mason tried to do to them. She knew Mason was Tyler's uncle, but Mason had hurt her brothers. Liz also tried not to think about the kiss her and Katherine shared that same night. She wanted to drink and get absorbed into her art, but after what happened to her brothers...Liz knew she needed a clear mind for everything. Liz stopped next to a tree and looked around when she thought she heard something. She took out an earbud, hoping she could be able to hear better.
____________________________

Liz saw a bunny hop past her. She sighed with relief, glad it was only a bunny.
"Liz?" She heard her name. Liz would have jumped, but she recognized the voice.
"Stefan...you almost scared me." Liz said before she turned around. "Hunting?" She asked and he nodded. "Then you better get that bunny before it hops into the sunrise." Liz joked with her brother. Stefan smiled a bit at his sister before she started to jog away.

Stefan watched Liz jog away. He didn't say anything to Liz, but he was worried about her. There were traits and activities Liz has done over the years that she did when had a lot on her mind. Stefan knew Liz was doing those things and it made him know he should keep an eye on her. He knew Liz wouldn't want him to, but Stefan couldn't help himself.
__________________________

After a while, Liz returned to her house and took a quick shower. She felt like a shorter shower would give her less time to think about Katherine.

Liz walked into the kitchen to see Damon cooking himself some breakfast. She took a fork, went up behind him and ate some of the food while he cooked it.
"That wasn't for you." Damon said as Liz ate.
"I know." Liz said with a smirk. "But you know I like your cooking." Damon smiled a little, even though they both knew Stefan was the best cook out of the three. "You should make those pancakes you used to make me." Liz suggested to her brother. "They are amazing." Damon smiled as he continued to cook. Liz sat on the kitchen counter and watched her older brother cook.
_____________________

After Damon and Liz had breakfast together, they sat in the living room. Liz read a book while Damon poured himself a glass. Liz looked up at her brother.
"Isn't it too early to drink?" She asked Damon. Damon looked at his sister.
"Not when I live with you." Damon teased.
"Ouch..." Liz said. She pretended to be offended and threw a pillow at him. Damon stepped to the side so Liz missed. She pouted and returned her attention back to the book she was reading.

Damon was about to sit next to his sister when they heard a knock at the front door. He sighed and went to open the door.
"I need to talk to you." Jeremy said to Damon. Jeremy didn't notice Liz sitting on one of the couches reading a book.
"And why do I need to talk to you?" Damon asked before he started to close the door on Jeremy. Jeremy stopped Damon.
"Tyler Lockwood has to kill someone to activate his curse." Liz lifted her head from the book, but didn't say anything as she eavesdropped. "He's not a werewolf yet."
"Wow, fascinating." Damon pretended to be interested with what Jeremys said. "Not enough." Damon tried to close the door again, but Jeremy stopped.
"But Mason Lockwood is and he's looking for a moonstone..." Jeremy continued as he looked at Damon "...a special rock connected to the werewolf legend. That's why he's here."
"A moonstone?" Jeremy nodded.
"And I know where it is."
"And you're bringing me this why?"
"Do I need a reason? Look, I just want to help, okay?"
"And what does your sister think about this?" Liz asked, which made Jeremy realize she had been listening. Jeremy didn't answer, which made Liz look at him. "Oh, you haven't told her, have you?"
"Well, Elena doesn't want me getting involved in all this." Jeremy said to Liz and he tried to walk in. Damon stopped him for a third time.
"And you're a Gilbert and you just can't help yourself." Damon said to Jeremy as Liz as she marked hers spot in the book. "Wow. Your search for life's purpose is as obvious as it is tragic."
"Just let him in already Damon." Liz said to her brother. Damon looked at Liz. Jeremy took the chance and quickly slid into the house.