Brave New World

After Liz had been able to finish her shower, she tried to forget about Katherine's visit. She had laid in bed for a few hours, just looking up at the ceiling. The visit continuously playing in her head, as if it was on repeat. Liz sighed and turned, hoping a different position would let her have a clear head so she could sleep. She closed her eyes, trying not to think so she would be able to sleep.

Liz woke up sometime in the middle of the night. She looked at her wall for a few minutes before using her bathroom. After she was back in her bed, Liz found it difficult to fall back asleep. She sighed and decided to do something until she would feel tired enough so she could fall asleep. Liz got up and went to a room near hers, trying to be quiet so she wouldn't wake her brothers.

Liz had been in the room for quite a while that she lost track of time. She didn't leave the room, getting distracted on what she was doing.

Stefan was walking down the hall and walked passed the room before realizing someone was in it. He doubled back and noticed Liz was inside.

Stefan looked into the room and saw that she standing in front of an easel. He could see her arm moving and assumed she was painting something. He took a step in and noticed papers and canvases laying on a few of the tables.
"Liz..." Stefan said, not sure if his sister realized he was there "...how long have you been up?"
"Uh...not sure." Liz said as she kept painting. Stefan looked from all of Liz's art work to Liz herself. Her hair was in a ponytail to prevent it from getting in paint. Stefan noticed Liz looked a bit tired, but didn't say anything yet. "What time is it?" Liz asked her brother, still not taking her eyes of the canvas she was painting on. Stefan looked at the clock that was on the wall to make sure he would give Liz the right time.
"Five thirty." Stefan said before he looked back at Liz.
"About three hours." Liz said about how long she'd been up. "Couldn't sleep." She added before Stefan could ask her why she'd been up so long.
"You need your sleep. You know how irritable you get when you don't sleep enough."
"Yeah, that's why I'm painting." Liz said to her brother, finally looking away from the canvas. "So I don't get irritated." She added before yawning. "I'm fine Stef, trust me." Liz said when she saw how worried Stefan looked. They looked at each other for a moment before Stefan sighed, reluctantly nodding.
"I'm going to make breakfast."
"Okay, I'll be down as soon as I finish this." Liz said about the painting she was working on. Stefan debated on saying something, but he decided on just nodding. He watched his sister for a few moments before he left Liz alone.

After Liz and Stefan ate their breakfast, Stefan drove them both to school. Liz had her own vehicles, but Stefan had insisted on driving her. The drive to school had been silent, which worried Stefan. He didn't want to push Liz into talking about why she didn't sleep much, although he had an idea. He knew Liz would talk when she was ready to.

When Stefan parked, Liz started to get out of the car.
"Give this to Jeremy?" Stefan asked before he he showed his sister a small vial. It had a clear liquid inside. "Vervain..."
"Do you really want to him to have vervain?" Liz asked and Stefan nodded. Liz sighed before she took the vial from Stefan. "If he spikes my food, it's on you." Liz said, slightly joking to her brother. Stefan slightly smiled and nodded before watching Liz walk away.

Liz walked in the halls of school as she looked for Jeremy. She wasn't sure about giving him vervain after what he's been through, but Liz knew that he would get it anyway.

After a few minutes, Liz found Jeremy by his locker. She walked over to him and handed the vial over.
"Stefan said I should give this to you." Liz said to Jeremy as he looked at the vial.
"What is it?" Jeremy asked before he looked at Liz.
"Liquid vervain." Liz answered as she leaned against the closed lockers next to Jeremy's. "It's the same as what's in your bracelet." She added.
"It protects me from compulsion." Liz nodde when Jeremy spoke.
"Vervain is toxic to vampires." Liz told Jeremy, not sure what he all knew about the supernatural.
"Like poison?"
"Kind of." Liz said. "It slows us down and keeps us out of a human's head." Jeremy looked back and forth from Liz and the vial.
"But why vervain?"
"I have no idea... It's just harmful to vampires."
"Like a stake to the heart?"
"Just make sure it's medium rare." Liz said as she tried to joke. She caught a faint smile on Jeremy's face. "But if you want to do actual damage, the stake has to be wood." Jeremy nodded.
"Do me a favor though and try not to kill Damon?" Liz asked Jeremy. "He may be an idiot and going through a lot, but he's still my brother." Liz looked at Jeremy, assuming he had been thinking of ways to get back at Damon. She opened her mouth to say something before seeing Stefan and Elena come over. "Isn't it my favorite girlfriend of Stefan's." Liz said to Elena, who looked a bit uneasy at Liz's comment.
"She didn't get much sleep." Stefan whispered to Elena to explain what Liz said.
"I can hear you." Liz said to her brother. Stefan looked to Liz. "I'm gonna look for Tyler." She said before walking away from the three of them.