Masqurade

Liz was sleeping in her bed with her phone nearby. She spent most of the night texting Tyler before they both fell asleep. Liz tried to figure out a way on how to tell Tyler that Damon killed Mason. The ways Liz thought of didn't satisfy her. Liz felt like anyway she would tell Tyler, he would break up with her and she didn't want that.

The thoughts had made it hard to get to sleep through the night. Liz managed to get to sleep and somehow stayed asleep.
____________________

Stefan walked into Liz's room and saw she was still asleep. He was still worried about his sister and. He watched Liz sleep for a few minutes before he slightly shook her.

"Mmm...five more minutes." Liz muttered. Stefan shook her again. Liz pulled her pillow over her head and tried to ignore Stefan.
"Liz...Damon said it's important." Stefan quietly said as he tried to wake Liz. Liz held the pillow closer to her head. She tried to block out Stefan because she needed her sleep. Stefan sighed and pulled the pillow from Liz. "We need to talk." He said in a serious voice. Liz groaned and looked at Stefan.
"Fine." She said with a frown before she took the pillow from Stefan. "Just...let me take a shower." Liz slowly sat up and saw her phone was dead.
"I'll be downstairs." Stefan said to Liz before he walked out of the room. Liz got up from her bed, put her phone on it's charger and went into her bathroom to take a shower.
_________________

After Liz was done with her shower, she walked downstairs in clean clothes. Liz tied her hair into a ponytail as she walked into the library, where she saw her brothers with Caroline.
"About time." Damon said to Liz, who ignored him. Liz noticed how Caroline was in the chair.
"What happened?" Liz asked as she got closer to Caroline.
"I saw Katherine." Caroline said, which made Liz frown.
"What?" Liz asked and sat near Caroline. "Are you okay?" Liz asked, even though she could tell the answer. "What did she want?"
"The moonstone." Caroline looked at Liz. "And you." Liz frowned. She looked at her brothers while she rubbed Caroline's back with comfort.
"She wants the moonstone tonight, at the masquerade ball." Damon said to his sister. He didn't comment on Katherine wanting Liz back. It was something they would make sure didn't happen.
"Katherine wants to do it in public." Stefan said. "Killing Mason threw her off guard."
"She's running scared." Damon said as Liz watched her brothers. "What she did to Jenna was desperate." Liz stayed quiet, not knowing what Katherine did to Jenna. "She's out of tricks."
"We can't underestimate her." Liz said to her brothers. "We have to be smarter than her."
"Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asked. Damon shook his head.
"No, Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it." Damon looked at Stefan. "I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her...tonight." He forgot for a moment that Liz was watching. Liz didn't think her brothers were aware she might still have feelings for Katherine.
"You're not gonna kill her." Stefan said to Damon.
"Don't give me that goody-goody crap." Damon said. "Katherine deserves to die after what she put us through."
"You're not gonna kill her." Stefan said as he faced Damon.
"Really?"
"Because I am." Stefan said and noticed a proud look on Damon's face. They looked at each other before looking at Liz.
"Hey, I'm not going to stop you." Liz said, even though she still felt something for Katherine. Katherine still put their family through hell, hurt Liz's friends and not to mention did stuff they didn't even know about.
______________

After Liz and Stefan worked together to make breakfast for everyone, Liz stood with Damon as he and Alaric went over weapons. Liz looked at each one. She tried to take in as much information as she could from Alaric. She knew that Katherine had to die for everyone to move on with their lives. 'And for me to finally get over her' Liz thought to herself about Katherine. She looked up from the weapons when she felt someone looking at her.
"What?" She asked Damon, who shrugged and let Alaric continue to talk to them.
"This works with compressed air." Alaric started to explain once everyone else gathered around the table. "The trigger mechanism is up here. I have two of these in a different size. For you I recommend this." Alaric showed Damon and Stefan a stake gun that fit on the arm. "It fits nicely under the jacket sleeve. You use the trigger when you're ready." Alaric showed how to use the stake as he faked killing a vampire. Stefan, Damon and Liz all looked at Alaric. "You wanted me to show you how to kill a vampire."
"As long as the vampire isn't one of us." Liz said to Alaric. She knew Alaric wouldn't kill her or any of the other good vampires in town.
__________________________