Memory Lane

~1846~

Liz stood at the doorway next to her brother Damon. They both watched as Stefan and Katherine danced together near the middle of the room.
"I've seen the way you look at her." Damon whispered to his sister.
"What?" Liz asked. "I'm not sure what you mean." She added, not looking away from her twin and Katherine.
"It's okay with me Elizabeth." Damon said about how Liz looked at some women. Liz looked at Damon.
"Don't tell father?" Liz requested, who nodded. They both looked back at Stefan and Katherine.

~Present Day~
___________________________

Liz was sleeping on her bed. It was the first night she slept peacefully in the last couple of days. Liz moved on her side, some of her hair falling over her face. She smiled to herself as she slept, as she had a good dream.
"Mmm." Liz felt a hand brush some hair from her face. She yawned and slowly opened her eyes to see Katherine laying next to her.
"Good morning." Katherine said. Once it registered in her mind Katherine was next to her, Liz sped out of her bed and stood on the other side.
"What are you doing in my bed Katherine?" Liz asked.
"Maybe I just wanted to revisit a few memories." Katherine smirked before Liz realized Katherine manipulated her dreams.
"Stay out of my head."
"Now why would I want to do that?" Katherine asked as she got up from her bed. She started to walk closer to Liz. Liz watched Katherine as she got closer. "I know you think of me Lizzie." Liz frowned at the nickname. "I can see it in your eyes." She whispered to Liz once she was in arm's length. Liz narrowed her eyes a bit.
"You wish." Liz said, trying to deny what Katherine was saying. Katherine gently cupped Liz's face, rubbing her thumb against Liz's cheek. Her eyes looked in Liz's before looking down at her lips. "Go away Katherine." Liz said, which made Katherine frown.
"Fine." Katherine said before taking her hand away. She took a step back. "Maybe your twin will be more fun." Katherine smirked and walked out of Liz's room.

Liz watched Katherine walk out and sighed when she wasn't in sight. She ran her hand through her hair before heading to her bathroom to take a shower.
Liz had taken her time in the shower. She wasn't thrilled Katherine was in her home and it made Liz wonder what Katherine was up to.
______________________

After Liz was done with her shower, she headed to the kitchen to make herself some breakfast. She looked at all the food that they had in the house, but settled on a bowl of cereal and a banana.

Liz carried her breakfast into the living room, where she noticed Katherine sitting in a chair.
"Oh great, you're still here." Liz said with sarcasm when she noticed Katherine.
"I couldn't leave my two favorite Salvatores." Katherine said to Liz, who sat down on a chair.
"You had no problem doing that before." Liz said, which made Katherine frown. She opened her mouth to say something, but Stefan came in the room.
"You shouldn't read someone's journal." Stefan said to Katherine before he noticed Liz eating her breakfast.
"I know. I'm sorry. It was just too tempting, all of your inner thoughts and feelings, laying there on your desk for me to read." Katherine said to Stefan before he took his journal.
"Just because it's in the open, doesn't mean you can read it." Liz said to Katherine.
"Is that why you keep yours hidden under your mattress?" Katherine asked Liz, who frowned.
"Damon and Liz's private stock." Stefan said, interrupting before Katherine and Liz would start fighting. He gave a glass of blood to Katherine before he sat next to his sister.
"That's right! You don't do human, I read that." Katherine said before taking a sip from the glass. "I also read about your recent werewolf sighting.. That must have come as a surprise."
"What do you know about werewolves?" Liz asked Katherine.
"I know not to pet one." Katherine said, which made the twins look at her. "Their bite kills, Lizzie. It's best to stay clear of them during a full moon." Katherine got up from the chair she was sitting on and started looking at stuff that was on the table behind where she was sitting.
"And...how do you know this?" Stefan asked Katherine.
"Who do you think was responsible for ridding this town of vampires in 1864?" Katherine asked the twins.
"Founding families." Liz said with a mouthful of cereal.
"Spearheaded by?"
"The Lockwoods." Stefan answered Katherine.
"You remember the Founders' Ball, don't you?" Katherine asked Stefan as Liz continued to eat her breakfast. "The one that you were dreaming about?"
"I was your escort."
"That was before you, Damon and Lizzie knew about my little secret." Katherine looked at Liz before she started to reveal what happened at the first Founder's Ball.