Bad Moon Rising

Liz had had a pile of books next to her bed that she had been reading. It had been a few days since she started her own research on the Lockwoods. She still hadn't told her brothers what she was doing and they hadn't told Liz what they were doing. She didn't want to keep secrets from her brothers, but felt that it was fair since they were keeping their own.

Liz reached over and put one of the books on her growing pile. Many of the books had sticky notes in them. Liz marked references to Lockwoods and any supernatural they may be. She looked at the pile and sighed before she got out of her bed.
______________________

Liz started towards her bathroom before hearing the front door open and close. She listened and heard Damon speak. 'Were we having company?' Liz asked herself. She slowly got closer to her bedroom door, hoping Damon wouldn't hear her.
"We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Liz heard Stefan say and she frowned. She decided to be as quiet as she could so she could listen in the conversation.
"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" Alaric asked Stefan and Damon.
"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might." Damon said to Alaric.
"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together." Elena said. It made Liz surprised they had Elena curious to.
"You said that she had spent years researching this town." Stefan said to Alaric, which made Alaric look at him.
"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was... fiction." Alaric said as he sat back in the chair he was in.
"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon said as he looked at Alaric
"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asked Alaric.
"The lycanthrope." Alaric said. 'Werewolves?' Liz asked herself
"No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney." Damon said after Elena said something Liz missed.
"Is it?" Stefan asked towards his brother.
"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon questioned Stefan, who didn't have an answer.
"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked Damon, Stefan and Elena.
"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler." Damon said and Liz frowned as she remembered that day.
"And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's workers." 'When did that happen?' Liz asked herself. "It suggests it's some sort of a supernatural entity." Stefan added.
"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure it out what it is." Elena said to Alaric.
"Well, all her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing."
"So can we get access to it?" Damon asked Alaric. "We need to know what we are dealing with. If this wolfman thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good. It means Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior, which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed." Damon leaned back in his chair.
"And not to mention it puts Liz in danger." Stefan pointed out to Damon since Liz was dating Tyler.
"I'm assuming she isn't aware of this?" Alaric asked about them wanting to go through Isobel's research.
"There's too much going on right now for her to have to worry about what Tyler might be." Damon said.
"We'll tell her when we know for sure what Tyler and his family are." Stefan added.
____________________

Liz slowly walked to her bathroom, satisfied from what she overheard. She didn't like that they were keeping secrets from her, but it was only because they cared. 'In their own way' Liz thought to herself before she used her bathroom.

Liz changed into shorts and a tank top and made sure she had a bikini on underneath. She knew Tyler was having a swimming party on his property. She packed a beach bag with towels, googles, a change of clothes, and some other things she'd felt like she would need. Liz heard a knock on her doorway.
"Hey..." Liz said when she turned to see Stefan. "Tyler's setting up a swimming party." She said to explain why she was packing a bag.
"Before you go...can you help me teach Caroline the basics of being a vampire?" Stefan asked Liz. "You're better at it than me." He added. Liz sighed and thought about it for a moment before nodding.
"Yeah...I'll meet you guys in the woods." Liz said to Stefan, who smiled. Liz finished packing her things before she headed out to put them in her car.
_________________________