Chapter 3.

"I win."

"I win, sweetheart."

Llewyn smirked as he aimed the sword at Aiden's heart. The latter who was crouching on the ground chuckled his long hair sprayed over his face yet not hiding his shining eyes. Llewyn leaned over a glint in his eyes and whispered, "You've never won against me in a duel." He raised his voice.

"And that class is why you need to perfect your sword training along with learning magic. Lessons are dismissed for today. Tomorrow we'll have longer hours and I will be assessing your form. I'll also need you to write a report on the mock duel to be submitted the day after." The students groaned dragging their feet back to the academy dorms. Llewyn grabbed his own sword and placed it back in its sheath.

Llewyn watched his students turn into tiny specks in the lush green fields. He proceeded to follow them but before he could take another step he dropped down to his knees with a thud. The omega clutched his chest as his mate mark tingled. Pheromones. His mate's pheromones. He could feel that certain place throb. His head felt heavy and his breathing became irregular. This time Aiden leaned down and copied in a mock whisper, "And you could never win against my pheromones."

The last thing Llewyn remembered before fainting was a pair of green eyes staring at him. Even in his hazy state of mind he noticed how the eyes held a lot of pain and how the pale face was scrunched up as if he was the one hurt. "Even though I'm the one..." He couldn't complete his sentence.

Aiden stared at the body he was holding in the arms. He resisted the urge to snuggle his head into Llewyn's spiky chestnut hair or smother his faces with kisses. He had spent years looking for the omega. Even now he didn't know why the omega had not written to him and had ran away. He thought that that omega might have missed him, if only slightly, but seeing the latter not care made him sad. Suddenly a figure dropped in front of him. The man was wearing a hood so none of his features were visible.

"Should I take him back, my lord?"

"No need, I'll do it myself. Carry on with the task I've told you. We need to get the princess."

"As you wish, my lord." The figure disappeared as quickly as it had come leaving the two alone in the middle of the vast grounds.

"Hey what are you doing here? Training's about to start!" An ocean-eyed kid said pulling back the vines to have a better view of a small ravenette sitting with his head between his knees. "Are you even listening to me?"

The taller of the two stood with his hands crossed. The audacity to sleep in between training. He didn't want to snitch on a kid smaller than him but skipping training meant patrolling the dreaded troll dungeons. He didn't even want to imagine spending even a minute with those nasty smelling creatures. The trolls were friendly enough but their aversion to hygiene was seriously off putting.

The kid sighed. Having always dealt with things with brawn he decided he would just have to shake the guy awake. His hand inched closer to sleeping kid but before he could put his plan into motion he was interrupted by small whimpers. "M-mom..." That was when the kid noticed that although the pale child was sleeping his face was decorated by tear-streaks. A red puffy nose sat in the centre and the child started to tremble in his sleep. The kid's heart ached at the sight of the ravenette who he thought resembled the little black cotton ball pet he had got for his last birthday.

He sighed and crouched on his knees near the pale kid and hugged him. With one hand he slowly stroked the ravenette's hair like his parents would do for him and his brother whenever they had a nightmare. He hummed a little melody that he heard the singers in the town square sing. He had stopped singing ever since he joined the academy because singing was what omegas did to entertain others. But right now sitting at the edge of a forest shielded by thick vines and under the calming shade of a big tree he felt like he could sing for hours. He didn't even noticed when he fell asleep clutching the little kid's hand.