Chapter 5.

"- I'm also pregnant with your child."

Llewyn almost choked on air. He was on his way outside the front gates when he ran into Jade talking with a pretty blonde haired omega. Talking wouldn't really be accurate here. They were flirting after a passionate reconciliation. He didn't recognize the omega but guessed he was the infamous lover. As he saw the couple embrace, Llewyn sighed. Looks like he would need to take the back way today.

"So you're becoming an uncle!" Dexter laughed as Llewyn took a sip of his tenth cold drink. The pub was filled with people of all kinds and the food was good. It was no wonder it had been getting popular lately. They had been talking for a long time when Llewyn remembered the episode he saw.

"I just know my brother will be excited. He'll probably make Jade's partner move in with us. By the way your aunt's doing well now right? Just ask my brother if you want more of the salves."

"My aunt? Oh yeah she's fine now." Dexter chugged his drink. "I wanted to ask you about the whole thing with the new captain. You guys seem pretty close and all."

Llewyn leaned back. He was long past the stage of tipsy and was now heading to the stage of blackout drunk. "We were friends you could say. We used to train a lot together."

"The students find him scary. I overheard some of them talking about his eyes being peculiar. A really weird shade of green aren't they? Though I don't think they're bad."

Llewyn resisted slamming his glass down. "His eyes are fine. Gorgeous even. It's his personality that's at fault!"

"Oh? I guess he's a bit cocky?"

Llewyn didn't seem to hear him. "He pretends like he's all great and so fine when he's actually so sensitive he used to cry till his eyes screwed shut. His sword skills are decent and his magical abilities are even greater. Not only that he's handsome, kind, daring and so annoying. But he never tells anyone what he's thinking and chooses to carry all burden by himself. I.." Llewyn's head dropped and hit the table.

"It seems more like you're infatuated with him." Dexter's fingers lightly grazed the chestnut brown locks. "If only...." He didn't continue. "Two more drinks!" He signaled withdrawing his hand.

"Lyn, stand up straight. You're too heavy!" Dexter complained supporting the big omega with his hand. Llewyn shook his head. "Oh come on!" Suddenly a person brushed past him. "Oh? Captain Aiden. Didn't expect to run into you."

"You can just call me Aiden. And is that Llewyn?"

"Oh yeah Lyn and me were out drinking. That pub over there. They've got some pretty strong drinks. Might have had more than usual. Now I'm stuck taking him home."

"Is that so? I'm heading the same way as Lyn so I can help take him home. You have to head the opposite way right?"

"Not a problem Aiden. He can be quite the hassle."

"No I insist. I fortunately enjoy hassles."

Dexter's eye twitched in exasperation. "I mus-" He didn't get to finish his sentence before he felt a sharp pain on his neck. He dropped down. Aiden quickly caught Llewyn before he fell too.

"Should I take the beta home, my lord?"

"No, he'll wake up in a few minutes. Just prop him up next to that inn. Also you were late today."

"Sorry sire. I was caught up in something." Aiden noticed the other looked disturbed and distracted.

"You take some rest tomorrow. I'll do the work alone."