Chapter 9.

"That was close." Llewyn muttered. Being a knight sure had its perks, though breaking into and out of a prison didn't seem like one initially. He knew the security would get more impenetrable as night came so there was not anyway he could stick around for longer. As much as he wanted to be close to his mate and breaking his mate out was certainly another option, Llewyn decided it was in his best judgment to catch the true culprit first.

There were no clues to start with and no traces left by the kidnapper so the only one thing he could do.

"Am, where is Eden? I really need to talk to him." Llewyn asked Amber as he entered the house. If there was one person who had even a semblance of an idea to the culprit's identity it was his brother. He hoped it was his brother. "In the study, younger master." Amber said. "Thanks." Llewyn replied.

Llewyn's head drowned in the thoughts of what had happened in the prison. He was experiencing a roller coaster of emotions and still didn't have nearly enough time to process it all. He also had no time to take a breather if he needed Aiden to be released. With his mind occupied, Llewyn absentmindedly opened the door to his brother's study. "Eden, I-"

"-ishment for running away last time, butterfly." Eden was leaning over the desk shirtless on top of someone whose back was against the desk. The documents on the desk were strewn about on the floor. The sturdy desk rattled slightly and Llewyn could finally hear soft gasps and moans. Bang! The door shut as quickly as it had been opened.

Llewyn did not how his brother could be enjoying carnal pleasures at a time like that. He tried to get the image out of his head. Llewyn decided that he'd better knock before he entered a room again. He slumped against the door. It occurred to him that if his brother wasn't doing anything about the situation it meant one of two things, either he had no clue who the culprit was or he only had a speculations. Llewyn also realized that his brother would probably keep the information to himself, not only because he was eccentric but also because he was overprotective. Llewyn needed to do this on his own.

Llewyn decided to start where Aiden first got attacked, the academy grounds. This is where Aiden's amulet had gotten stolen and was used to frame him. A beta student had pretended to bump into the alpha with the aim of stealing the amulet. Llewyn paused as he remembered something that he had missed. The girl had also taken a box from Dexter's office. Maybe he could find a clue there.

Llewyn walked into the building towards Dexter's office which like all the other rooms were large and well-decorated. Dexter's office was three rooms away from the infirmary, Llewyn's office was further down the hall and Aiden's office was nearest to entrance to the grounds since he had been newly employed. Llewyn entered Dexter's room and it was as messy as ever. Boxes, books, boxes with books etc could be found from the entryway to the inner part of the office. Dexter always procrastinated on cleaning his place and even lived in his office somedays. Llewyn noticed a box with glasses pieces and random materials thrown in it that had dried blood on them.

"Ofcourse he didn't even clean that up." Llewyn said shaking his head. "There isn't that much blood but-" He stopped mid sentence as the door opened and in came Dexter. "Lyn? What are you doing here? Were you waiting for me?" He asked panting like he had been in a rush. "I just heard that Aiden got arrested for something. The school called me back from my leave to take some classes. Still can't believe Aiden would do something like that."

Llewyn knew that it was best not to tell Dexter about the Aiden situation since his friend already had a lot on his plate to deal with. Moreover like his brother, Dexter would only stop him for his safety. "Yeah, it's kind of hard to believe. Listen, I came here to borrow your uhm some of your magic books. Since we're one teacher down I'd better prepare to teach the students too." Llewyn said glad he was able to find an excuse in time. "Lyn, you can just take the books; you don't have to ask me or anything. Though I guess my room's such a mess you wouldn't be able to find it." Dexter said rummaging through random piles of books. He suddenly turned and faced Llewyn before asking, "Are you okay, Lyn? You seem stressed. You know we can talk about it. Atleast have some tea before you go."