✷ 003: Squealing.

TOO FAMOUS ! by KissLeclerc
January 08, 2024 # "HE WHAT."

"RENEÉ ST. JOHN." Devyn practically busted their room's door down, startling her roommate who was laid across her bed, studying. "JESUS CHRIST???" The blonde panted in a panic, freaked out by Devyn's sudden burst. "Woah! Okay! Calm down." She noticed her roommate eagerly bouncing, clearly anticipating to tell her some sort of news.

"I've been waiting for all day for this exact moment." Devyn quickly said, taking off her shoes and sitting beside Reneé on her bed.

"What's got you so excited?" Renny eyed her roommate, closing the journal she had open to give Devyn all the attention. "WAIT, LET ME GUESS!" Reneé clapped.

"MARCUS FINALLY ASKED YOU OUT?" She took Devyn by the hands eagerly. "Sasha and I have been trying to convince him and-"

"HUH?" Devyn furrowed her brows in confusion. "What??" She looked Reneé dead in the eyes.

"Oh shit? Did I spoil it?" Reneé let go of her hands, covering her own mouth in guilt. "Marcus??? Marcus is gonna ask me out?" Devyn asked in shock.

"Well- Yeah?" Reneé shrugged. "You think he's cute! And he's really interested in you." She explained, making Devyn shudder.

"Fuck." Devyn thought to herself.

"I literally had lunch in between classes with him and Zac today, oh GOD." Devyn panicked.

Marcus Blanchet was the upstairs neighbor of Devyn and Reneé, meeting the first week of the semester when the two girls went to his floor to file a noise complaint. The French boy and his roommate were just loud walkers, and profusely apologized for any commotion caused that night.

Since then, they all became fairly fond of each other, soon becoming a friend group. The people consisting of Devyn, Sasha, Mina and Reneé, along with Marcus, his roommate Zachary Davies, and some of their other guy friends.

"Wait, if he didn't ask you out-"

"Oh, lord." Devyn huffed, cutting off Reneé's question as she looked around the room in awkward silence.

"What happened?" Reneé asked intently as Devyn glanced at her awkwardly.

"Uhhh." She trailed off. "Remember the.. DM I sent last night?" Devyn asked, making Reneé look at her with more interest. "Yes... Devyn what happened..." The blonde felt like she knew where this was going.

"He responded." Devyn quickly admitted before flinching back, anticipating Reneé's reaction.

"HE WHAT????" She screamed, leaping toward Devyn and grabbing her by the shoulders. "YOU BETTER NOT BE LYING, WHAT DO YOU MEAN???" Reneé eagerly asked as she shook the Japanese girl.

"HE REPLIED AND I RESPONDED BACK AND YOU WERE ALREADY GONE FOR CLASS WHEN-"

"OH MY GOD??" Reneé squealed as she got up and began jumping on the bed. "WAIT WAS IT GOOD OR BAD?"

"Wellll..." Devyn said shyly as she thought of the entire conversation she had with Ollie all morning. "We had a whole conversation this morning while I got ready, and he's like the best texter EVER??" She explained as Reneé pulled Devyn up to join her in jumping frantically.