✷ 008: The Date.

TOO FAMOUS ! by KissLeclerc
January 14, 2024 # "You're A Sweetheart."

AS THE EVENING APPROACHED, Reneé, Mina, and Sasha bid Devyn a farewell and good luck on her date before they left to hang with friends and go party. Usually, you'd be sad if your friends went out without you, but in this case, Devyn was relieved she didn't have to go out and submit to peer pressure... but at what cost? She was supposed to go on a dreaded date she unfortunately agreed to.

Getting ready, Devyn put on the outfit Sasha and Mina had picked out for her with the help of Reneé. They settled for of course, a thin base layer with a chunky and baggy beige turtle neck overtop, matched with fleece lined black tights and a black skirt. For extra warmth, they chose her white leg warmers, black oxford Doc Marten and a big thrifted leather jacket she had brought from New York.

Doing her usual makeup routine, Devyn checked the time to see it was nearing 7:00PM, groaning at the thought of Marcus knocking on her door at any minute.

She spritzed herself with her usual vanilla scented perfume, and did final touch ups to her hair before grabbing a black purse from the wall of command hooks she hung up, and began packing some essentials.

Taking a seat on her bed, Devyn sat patiently, checking the time on her phone to see it was now 7:00. To kill time as she waited, she responded to a few messages from her hometown friends and family, saying she'd keep the posted with details.

But as time went on, the details felt minimal as Marcus didn't show, she felt that there wasn't going to be anything to say.

She waited... and waited... and waited.

Frustrated at the thought that she was rushing herself to be on time, Devyn tossed her purse to the side as disappointment and rage filled up within her to see the clock had struck 8:00PM.

It's been an hour already?

He bailed...

Slipping off her shoes, Devyn scoffed as she remembered she let the fact he never responded to the text she sent at 5:00PM slide.

Plopping back onto her bed, still dressed up and feeling pretty, Devyn took a deep breath. She kind of wishes she went out now. This feeling didn't feel good.

She was aware that she had no feelings for Marcus, so she shouldn't be crying over not showing, but it was the time, effort, and graciousness she felt that she had put into it all... just for nothing.

Almost as if it was the perfect timing, she rested her eyes, hoping she can take her mind off of everything, her phone began to ring.

"Hello..." She answered the FaceTime request from Ollie, who was smiling happily into the camera as she was laid in bed in an unflattering angle that he still seemed to find cute.

"Devyn!" He exclaimed. "Hi." He greeted as he placed his phone downed, revealing that he was sat at what seemed to be his desk.

"Heyyyy, What's up?" She mumbled with a little bit of pep, before sitting up straight and looking into the camera.

"Oh, you look good! Are you going out tonight?" He asked as he slouched back into his seat, continuing to look into the facetime.