✷ 014: Ramen For Two.

TOO FAMOUS !      by KissLeclerc
February 9, 2024    #    "Hey Lover!"

            AFTER DISCUSSING their evening plans, Ollie suggested that they go to the university dining hall like Reneé and the others had recommended he'd do, but since the three were unavailable, painting away at some school organized event.

Devyn decided she was craving a home cooked meal that she didn't mind preparing in the student kitchens as Ollie soon agreed with the plans, also realizing he could be spotted and bombarded if people recognized him in the dining hall.

"You've never had ramen?" Devyn furrowed a brow in confusion. "How? Haven't you been to Japan?" She laughed as she gathered ingredients from a storage bin and the shared mini fridge Reneé had got for the room.

"I've only ever had sushi when I'm out there." Ollie shrugged with a smile as he held a reusable bag for her as she dumped ingredients and such into it.

"Well, I'm about to change your life." She smiled sweetly in front of him as she carefully placed a carton of eggs at the top of the tote. "Go for it, I'm open to anything you make me!" He replied.

Sliding on her Ugg's and throwing on a sweatshirt, Devyn grabbed her dorm keys before double checking everything, when she remembered she forgot the utensils.

"Oh, wait." She stopped in her tracks. "Hold." She held a finger before going up to the mini fridge, grabbing two bowls that sat on top before hesitantly grabbing two pairs of chopsticks.

"Do you want a fork instead?" She bit down a laugh as she turned to Ollie. "Yes, please." He said shyly as she smiled, happily trading out the chopsticks she grabbed for a singular fork.

Moving on, Ollie followed Devyn out of the dorm as he carefully shut the door behind him. She lead the way as she preferred to take the stairs to go all the way to the first floor where the communal student kitchens were.

"What's it like living in a dorm?" Ollie asked as he held her tote bag of food items on his shoulder. "It seems nice." He said, looking around the bottom floor curiously.

"Hmmm, it's not terrible but it's also not the best." Devyn shrugged as she opened the door to the massive communal kitchen where thankfully, only a few other residents were eating or cooking.

"The only thing I hate is the showers." She laughed. "Warm water never works." Continuing to gesture for him to hand over the bag as he gladly gave it to her before she set out everything.

"Do you need help with anything?" He asked, eager to assist. "Yes, actually." Devyn smiled after grabbing the communal pots and pans. "Wash these." She said softly as Ollie glimpsed at them.

"But they're already—"

"Just to be safe! I don't know what these weirdos are making in those..." Devyn laughed as she began to prepare the cooking process.

"It might not be too authentic, since all I'm working with is packaged ramen..." She mentioned. "But it'll be delicious, trust me." She continued to explain as Ollie washed dishes at the sink beside her.

"Even if it's terrible, I will lie." He laughed. "Just to make you feel good... but I bet it will be fantastic."

"How sweet..." Devyn rolled her eyes with a grin as Ollie handed her the newly rinsed pot and beginning to boil two eggs.