7. The Game

The week flew by so quickly and before I knew it, it was Friday. I woke up early morning for the game. I'm gonna skip school today because there is no way I'd miss this day. I heard a knock on my door. It was Pablo.
"Goodmorning sleepyhead" my brother says as he sees me lying on my bed.
"Are you excited?" I ask him.
"More than excited" He gives a huge smile. I know he's really excited. He's been working really hard for this game.
"Hey also, um- I wanted to tell you that I kinda gave my spare jersey to- um someone else" He says scratching his head.
"You did?" I ask in disappointment.
"Yeah I'm sorry. I mean it shouldn't be a big deal since you have Marc's jersey too" He tells me. I looked at him in confusion.
"Marc didn't give me his jersey" I tell him.
"Oh! I forgot to give it to you" He told me as he ran to his room and came back with Marc's jersey.
"He wanted me to give it to you after I told him I gave someone else" He explains.
"He did?" I ask again. He nods.
"Anyways I'm gonna pack. You should start getting ready too." He says and leaves the room. I hold the jersey close to me and smile to myself.

⚽️⚽️⚽️

I wear ripped jeans and Marc's jersey over it. For my hair I decided to keep my hair down and curl it. I head downstairs to see my parents all ready waiting for Pablo to come downstairs.
"Is that Marc's jersey?" My dad asks.
"Yeah, is there something wrong with it?" I ask him.
"No, nothing wrong" He smiles suspiciously.
"Ok?" I laugh. My brother walks down the stairs wearing nike sweats and a sweatshirt with his bag with all the stuff he needs in it.
"There's our star" my mom says. He smiles.
"Hey everyone. Ready to go?" He asks.
"Everyone is ready. We were just waiting for you to finish your makeup" I joke.
"Oh shut up" He ruffles my hair.
"Hey! Don't mess up my hair" I yell at him.

I was in the car with Pablo with me in the back. I got a text from Marc.
Marc: Did you wear the jersey
Me: Of course I did
Marc: Good
Me: Great
Marc: Awesome
Me: Amazing
Marc: Astonishing
Me: Shut up lol
I smile to myself.

After 30 minutes we reached the stadium and oh my god was it huge. Since we came super early because the boys needed to reach there 3 hours before the game, we all went to the family lounge area. All the families of the players were there. The parents were taking to one another and the player were talking to eachother. I decide to go say hi to some of my brothers teammates.
"Hi Marc" I tap his shoulder.
"Oh hey" He smiled.
"Hi Hector" I wave to him and get a wave back.
"Dude your sister is hot" I roll my eyes as I heard one of the guys whisper to my brother but I ignored it. I think Marc noticed that too because then he said,
"Hey I think we should head to the locker room or go find coach" Everyone went to the locker room but my brother, Hector, and Marc stayed.
"Sorry about that, the guys can be a little- that" Pablo says.
"Hey we have a little party after the game and were wondering if you'd wanna join?" Hector asks.
"A party?" I ask.
"Yea it's just a little something we have" Hector expalijs.
"If we win" my brother says.
"No your coming to the party. We are winning" Marc says looking straight at me.
"Well then you guys better win" I say slowly walking away.

Marc's POV

I smiled after Taylor said that, and the smiled stayed there watching her walk back to the parents. Apparently Pablo noticed that and said,
"Ok I see what's going on here" He playfully shoves my shoulder. I didn't say anything but I could feel my cheeks burning.
"I told you Marc I told you" Hector puts both his hands on my shoulder.
"So what's going on huh?" Pablo asked me.
"I don't know man, I guess it just happend. But I doubt she feels the same way" I explain.
"Oh no trust me she does." Pablo tells me.
"Yea I don't think so" I laugh.
"Well she will, your majestic bro" He says trying to make me feel better. I laugh at his comment.
"Thanks man" I say.

⚽️⚽️⚽️

Taylor's POV

The game was almost about to begin and I was so excited. Pablo and Marc were starting but Hector was on bench. Thanks ok though, I bet he'll get subbed in pretty soon. Our seats were closed to the field and had a railing in front of us.

When the game started, Barcelona almost immediately got possession of the ball. But Madrid's defense was really tough. Soon after Madrid got possession but Barcelona took it back. 1st half went by really quick and with 2 minutes remaining of 1st half Madril scored. We tried not to keep our hopes down. 2nd half started and no one was scoring. Hector got subbed in midway. We were getting towards the end of the game and I was I could tell everyone was getting really tired. But then something happend. My brother got possession of the ball and started dribbling past the defense. And before I knew it he scored!
"YEAH GAVI" I heard people yell. My brother did a little celebration before looking for us and getting really excited. The next couple minutes of the game Barcelona tried to up their defense because they could not let Madrid score. And no one scored by the time the timer ran out which means it goes to shootout now.

Barcelona had didn't miss any penalty kicks but Madrid missed one so they have 4 and we have 4, but if we make this one we win the game. For the final kick they chose Marc. He knows what he's doing. Aaaaaaaand heeeee MAKES IT. WE WON. Everybody was happy and cheering for Marc. He deserves it, he's the reason they won today. All the families started heading down to the started heading down to the field.
I quickly went down the stairs leading down to the field and ran to my brother. He held and hands out and I jumped into them, he spun me around before putting me down.
"Your goal was amazing dude" I said to him after he put me down.
"What can I say? I'm just like that" He says acting like he's all that.
"Your not like that" I roll my eyes. I go up to Hector and give him a hug.
"They really needed to give you more playing time, you did so good. And did you see those dribbling skills" I shoved his shoulder.
"You should go congratulate the man who made us won" He pointed to Marc who was hugging his mom. I slowly walked up to him and he saw me. I waited till his parents were done hugging him and then I walked up to him. He smiled down at me as I walked over to him.
"So" I say.
"So" He repeats.
"How does it feel like to score the winning goal, Guiu" I ask him.
"Amazing" He said looking at me not breaking eye contact. Something made me not wanna look away. He walked a little closer till my Hector came behind me and put his hand over my shoulder.
"So ready for the after party" He asked us.
"Mhm"
"Yep" We both said awkwardly.
"I'm sorry was I interrupting something?" Hector asked.
"Nope, you interrupted nothing" I said looking at Marc. He took his hand off my shoulder.
"Let's go" I say walking away with Hector and looking back at Marc and see him smiling.