Second Chance

The dog ran in a panick, occasionally leaping over a stray object or two in hopes to escape the one that was chasing him down.

He saw a small doorway nearby. Maybe, if he's lucky, he can squeeze through and get some time to gain some distance between himself and his pursuer.

Nearly there now, just a little more and...

The dog's hopes were quickly crushed once he felt a large, sharp claw grab him, stopping his progress in an instant. He reached out for the doorway, as if that would help at all.

"No!! Let me go!!"

The dog demanded, although the other didn't listen of course. As expected.

His pursuer, a large, purple cat held him, making the dog face him as he held him with ease.

"Dogday."

The cat said in deep, intimidating voice. It didn't sound natural like the other critter's voices. Dogday crossed his arms, glaring at the other.

Catnap.

He chose not to respond, not wanting to talk to the cat. Especially after what he has done for The Prototype.

"I wish things could have gone differently, Dogday. But unfortunately you oppose my lord. I've given you the chance to change your ways, Heretic, but you insist on refusing to do so."

The cat raised a paw, his sharp claws draw out as they drew near Dogday.

The dog felt his bravery slip away within an instant, beginning to struggle against the cat's firm grip. No matter how hard he tried to move, he wouldn't budge! Not even by the tiniest bit.

"It's time for you to go to sleep, Dogday."

The cat then used the only other thing the dog feared most.

The poppy gas of his. Dogday began to scream, trying to widdle his arms and body out of the cat's grasp, but to no avail. His body ached in pain. It felt as if he were being crushed by the cat's grip alone.

"C-CATNAP STOP! LET ME GO!!"

The dog yelled in fear as tears began to fall from his eyes. This was it, wasn't it? He was going to meet the same fate that all others who rebelled against did.

And by his best friend, too.

Why did things have to be this way in the first place? Why did Catnap prioritize the Prototype over his own friends?

The dog began to breathe heavily, accidentally drawing in more and more of the gas with every breath he took as the gas poured out of Catnap's mouth.

He felt himself grow weary within an instant, he knew that it was too late to escape now. Still, he struggled, his vision cloudy with tears.

"C-Catnap...please..."

His eyes were half open now, his consciousness fading as his vision became blurred.

"Rest now, Dogday. It'll all be over soon."

The cat said as he drew a claw. He was about to scratch Dogday with it, until...