The Date

I will admit, I am losing a biiiit of motivation to continue this, but nontheless, here's another part!

Dogday and the feline sat at the dinner table, awkwardly looking away, and then at each other, only to look away once again as Picky placed two meals in front of them.

"Enjoy it, lovebirds~"

She playfully commented before exiting the house. The dog smiled sheepishly, beginning to eat the meal, which was some rice, in addition to corn and salmon.

"So...this is nice, isn't it ah...Catnap?"

The dog asked, unsure on what to say here. The cat let out a soft chuckle, though he didn't take a bite out of his food yet.

"Heh...yeah, I'll be honest the decorations are quite nice. Almost makes me feel like we're at a restaurant dedicated to us or something, haha!"

The cat chuckled. The house, Picky's, was used as a 'resturant' for the two, the building filled with decorations of stars, suns, and moons all around the place.

Additionally, some orange and purple lights were placed around the house, lighting up the dim room in a mix of orange and purple, of course to represent the dog and cat.

"You know, if...uh..."

The dog paused for a moment, making sure to choose his words carefully. The others could still be watching after all.

"If...conditions were different this would have been even sweeter, eh heh heh..."

The dog chuckled nervously, a small blush forming on his face as he continued to eat the rice, eating spoonful after spoonful of it.

The cat smirked a little, leaning in a little closer to the canine.

"Well...it's not like this is over just yet, maybe..."

The cay slowly slipped his paw onto the dog's, making the dog blush more as he began to sweat a little.

"We could fix that...~"

The cat flirted in a low, alluring voice. The dog's tail began to wag furiously as his eyes widened.

"C-Catnap!!"

The dog covered his face with his ears in order to hide his blush, although to limited effect. The cat let out a small laugh, slowly taking his paw off of the dog's.

"Haha sorry, I'm just messing with ya sunshine, haha!"

A small silence formed between the two, big smiles on both of their faces.

Still...even if their current predicament wasn't ideal, they had to wonder...

What if?

What if they did get together, and did stuff like this all the time?

That would be nice...wouldn't it?

Still, the ideas seems...unrealistic at best. The cat was literally about to kill the dog just...what? A week or two ago?