Panic

It's been a few days since Dogday had proposed the deal to Catnap, who was on...uncertain terms with him at the moment.

He couldn't tell if the two are enemies, neutral, or perhaps working towards rebuilding their friendship?

Dogday couldn't quite get his mind off of what the cat told him that day.

'Please don't leave, Dogday.'

It felt so...sudden. And yet...not so sudden at the same time. Almost as if that was something the cat wanted to say for a while now.

Unfortunately, things weren't perfect, even if they were improving. Whenever the cat's nearby, Dogday occasionally finds himself cautiously glancing over at the cat, watching his every move.

He knew the exact reason for this. The cat has harmed many back at the factory, and although the canine is willing to try to fix things with Catnap...

He still feels...cautious? No...he still feels that Catnap is untrustworthy. He hated to admit it...but it was true.

...Wait! Speaking of...the factory!

He fell asleep there, didn't he? So...if he ended up here because of that...why was Catnap here?

Dogday face palmed. Of course! He was so caught up in avenging his friends that he never even thought to question why the cat was here too!

Well...considering that Catnap isn't trying to kill him, maybe he has a chance to ask.

The dog looked up at the sky. It was bright and sunny as usual. Well, as it usually is during the day. Of course, time still passed in this world.

Thank goodness for that, too. It was hard enough to sleep with the memories he had of his friends, especially the one time where he caught Catnap in the act.

His body began to shake with fear as the memories forced their way into his head.

He remembered seeing Catnap cut right through Bobby's chest with a claw, tearing her fur and flesh apart, right before the dog's eyes.

Her blood immediately splattered in a sickening 'explosion' of sorts, quickly soaking the cat's hand, arm, among other small splatters on other parts of his body, especially the torso.

He heard Bobby cry out in pain, as anyone would, her eyes widened in shock.

Catnap then pulled his hand out, only to reveal Bobby's heart, crushing it in his large hand, further soaking his fur in Bobby's blood.

Dogday could only stare at Bobby in fear, horrified. The emotion quickly overwhelmed his body, practically chaining the dog's feet to the ground.

The obvious solution would have been to run, or attempt to stop Catnap, something! He was their leader after all.

But he just stood there, mouth agap, panting heavily as his chest tightened. He barely managed to remind himself to breathe in the moment, and yet...he couldn't will himself to act, to move, to do something.

The cat was intrigued by this. In fact, he'd realized that the dog caught him, even before he killed Bobby.

After crushing her heart, he stared at the dog with that sickening smile of his. The sight of everything made the dog's stomach twist, but despite everything...