Bubba's Theory

Bubba was sitting besides Catnap and Dogday, the other critters [except for Kickin and Hoppy] gathered around the two of them.

"Catnap...have you been eating plushies or something? Otherwise, I...I have no idea how this could've happened."

The elephant asked, staring at the pool of blood with a clear expression of concern on his face.

None of this made any sense. In fact...ever since the day Catnap and Dogday fought, things have been weird, but only when the two of them were around.

It was as if something happened to them, or that they were behind these strange occurrences somehow.

Catnap turned to Dogday for a moment, silently asking for help. The dog responded with a subtle shrug. He didn't know the reason himself, and he wasn't exactly in the right mindset to come up with an excuse.

"I uh...I...accidentally ate some of my plushies in my sleep."

The elephant's eyes widened.

"YOU ATE YOUR PLUSHIES, IN YOUR SLEEP?! HOW?!!"

The cat covered his hears due to the elephants yelling, the others all staring at the elephant as a small signal to quiet down a little. The elephant made a small cough, covering his mouth of course when he did.

"Sorry, I'm not mad at you or anything, but you do know that you're not supposed to eat those things for a reason, right? Besides- wait...since when did you have plushies? Let alone ones like these?"

Bubba picked up a plushie from the pool of blood, staring at it for a moment before quickly throwing it away once a strong scent hit his nose.

"They look...weird. And something about them gives me a creepy feeling. I don't know why though..."

The elephant let out a soft sigh, standing up as he checked his spare watch, one similar to the watch he gave Catnap. Who...

Wait...

Bubba looked behind him, staring at Catnap for a moment as he eyed the feline's wrists.

He...didn't have the watch?

Maybe he just took it off or something. Still...he seemed really happy when he got it. He'd have expected him to at least wear it for a few weeks or something. Especially with all the cool features it had.

Like some white noise for sleeping. You know, one of the cat's favorite activities.

Another weird thing about the two. Why were they acting so strange, yet normal at the same time?

Were they hiding something from them?

"Hey uh...we'll figure out something for the two of you, alright? Just stay here for the time being."

The elephant requested, garnering a few strange looks from the other critters. He could've sworn that he saw a bit of worry in Dogday and Catnap's faces, but maybe it was just his mind playing tricks on him.

He walked up to the other critters, Bobby, Picky, and Crafty. He whispered to the three of them, making sure to be as quiet as he possibly could be.