Chapter 4

Hannah

A parrot .

The girl is a fucking parrot . She just doesn't shut up , telling me about how her first day at school went and how I am not supposed to feel lonely and all that shit .

Little does she know that lonely might be my second name by now , since I never , like never ever had a friend in my life . Unless we count a teddy bear as one then yeah I had one friend . But even I and that teddy bear parted ways in the most gruesome way possible .

She didn't leave my side after she sat down next to me in the cafeteria , blabbing and blabbing about things I have no idea about , plus I had a lot in my plate already , literally and figuratively . Since my school is a private one , they are pretty generous with the portions of food they give us for lunch . Literally speaking , I was already still in a state of bewilderment about the entire situation with Kane , I mean Mr Oliver .

I hate how relaxed he was , unaffected by ... that . Whatever that is .

When he started talking to me about it though , the first thing I thought about is the blush that will start creeping up my neck at the reminder of me sitting on his lap earlier , so pretending that did't happen at all was my deference and he didn't complain .

Not that I expected him to , it works in his favor too to forget about our first meeting , otherwise both of us will be in trouble no matter how we try to explain the entire situation . Especially him . The only problem is in the forgetting part , since his allure doesn't seem to leave my mind . The memory of me sitting on top of him and not even noticing from how comfortable I was due to his warmth and ...

Enough , I need to stop thinking about him immediately .

The blondie is now guiding me to her car after telling me that she would give me a ride , which I rejected but amid her many blabbing she didn't hear it , or pretended not to . Giving up on her I walk silently beside her now , looking around at all the kids here , all with really expensive cars and most of them with private drivers .

We have one of those cars too and a driver but I am not used to that luxury yet .

The girl's car is pink .

Am I surprised ? Absolutely not .

Just looking at her blonde hair and green fox eyes matching her green tank top and short skirt along with a pair of golden earrings and a necklace from where a big emerald gem hangs , I can tell she is one of those spoiled girls who never get sweaty from any effort .

She takes a seat behind the wheel and signs for me to take the passenger's seat and I do reluctantly . I could've fought harder and went walking but I honestly could use a ride . My mind is in such a mess right now , I can't focus on anything else except how am I going to manage being in his presence and pretend that I am not . Usually I am pretty good at ignoring people , but not him .

Just when she was about to pull away , the boy with the playful grin and golden hair from earlier appears next to her window .

« Paget ! My bestest of friends , would you care to give m a ride home ? »

He leans his arm on her window looking at her , she smiles a bit but also tilts her head to the side eyeing him suspiciously .

« Where is your bike ? I thought you and that thing are inseparable ? » She asks in a skeptical tone while he smirks wider .

« We are , but I missed you . You've been gone this entire summer . »

I swear she flinches at his words for a second before she regains her composure and smiles shaking her head and rolling her eyes at him while he averts his gaze to me , winking at me . I look away crossing my arms to my chest .