Chapter 6

Hannah

Turns out getting accustomed to this new life wasn't so easy . For many reasons than one .

First , I have no clue how to act like a spoiled kid who knows when to talk , what to say , how to act ... I only do things according to myself . Mom is trying to get me to dress elegantly and has been insisting on me to wear some makeup and all , and I have no idea how much more I can hold up . Not because it's tempting but because of the stupid need I have to please my mother . Somehow I feel guilty about what my father did to her . To us .

Second , that girl is not helping . She got along with mom just fine and they end up ganging up on me . Being neighbors with her isn't really helping either , especially that she doesn't take a hint . I tried to push her away and failed , somehow in this short amount of time , I got used to her by my side all the time especially at school . Paget isn't a bad girl or a spoiled one . Not too much anyways , compared to that Selena Jarick . Apparently she and Paget are enemies , or at least Selena thinks so because Paget doesn't give her much mind . Neither do I honestly , bullies never were something I fear or worry about . I proved as much to Iker . He is very much the male version of Selena , however Paget claims he is different , stating he's her childhood friend who is always by her side . Still I punched him in the guts for swinging by my house one day to deliver condoms to my mom pretending that I ordered them as a friendly prank . I don't do this shit , plus we aren't friends or anything . The only times I see him are around Paget and even though he is trying to be less of a bully and tease me and all I ignore him .

Third , my teacher .

I forget he is my teacher sometimes and I hate it . Focusing on his class is a very hard task , especially with the feeling of being watched by him all the time . I can't say that I don't observe him a little when he isn't looking but still ... There is a pull between us , like we keep swimming in different ways but the current pushes us together the more we fight it .

My breaths catch in my throat when I feel a warmth around me pulling me out of my mind . I turn around slowly to find him standing behind me , most of his face concealed with a masquerade mask , his jaw tight and lips pursed as he eyes me harshly as if I missed an assignment he required .

« What are you doing , teacher ? »

He tenses for a fragment of a second before regaining his composure and leans in to whisper . « Go to Paget then to the ladies room . »

My cheeks are probably flushed from his proximity and his deep voice that penetrated my ears , while his hot breaths made shivers run down my spine . I look up at him as he pulls away , my lips parted and my lungs tight from how dense the air suddenly became .

I shake my head as I look away with a confused frown .

« What ? » I say breathlessly before letting my gaze meet his again as I turn around to face him .

With our costumes and the faint disco lights around , it is hard for anyone to notice us , however I fear that suddenly only me and him are visible in this moment and I dread the feeling .

I dread being so worked up about him , I hate that he successfully ignored me in class , never addressing me unless it's necessary and oblivious to my presence . If he couldn't care less about me then why should I spend my energy in thinking about him ?

He adjusts his tie and looks around before leaning in to whisper again . « You dress is cut open . »

This time I am frozen in place , my eyes wide with mortification as I reach for the back of my dress under his vest and indeed it is , revealing my entire back and probably my panties too . Don't tell me he saw me like that ?