Chapter 17

Hannah

I might pass out if I don't take a breath , but who cares ?

I don't want to stop , I don't want to pull away , I just want to stay like this , letting one kiss lead to the other . His hands are on my waist , his fingers digging into my skin through the fabric , my ankle is barely propping me up and it starts hurting like ... a lot .

It still isn't enough of a reason for me to pull away ...

Great , I don't have to pull away now anyway since he did .

« You're in pain . » He says breathless , his voice a little bit hoarse .

My eyes meet his as I am still holding on to him , our faces inches apart . « I'm fine . »

He stares down at me and chuckles , then cups my cheek softly . « You're a bad liar . » I glare at him but he grins wider . « Come take a seat . »

He pulls me by my hand , but we both come to a halt when we hear noises and footsteps outside . I freeze , my pain and delight and every emotion I felt before evaporating to thin air . I clutch his hand tighter , my chest heaving and my mind racing as he looks around . In a blink , he pulls me to a gap between a book shelf and the wall , my back presses against him while his presses against the wall . There isn't much space in here , so I can feel every inch of him behind me .

Someone walks in to the library , tapping a cane against the wooden floor and stomping in angrily , thankfully whoever that is didn't bother turning on the lights , otherwise me and Kane would be in a pretty big trouble .

Not that I am any safer now , just being near him is dangerous for me , and right now he is not just near , he is so close I could smell his strong fragrance and feel his heartbeats , which are matching the erratic rhythm of mine .

« How many times do I have to tell you ? Your presence is not welcomed here . » I startle when suddenly the man who walked in taps the cane strongly in the floor , Kane grabs my hand in his and I look up at him , even in the darkness I can see his gleaming eyes boring into mine .

The door closes and someone else walks inside , probably a woman judging by the heels sounds around .

« I'm here to see my brothers . » Yes it's a woman , her voice calm and quiet but sure .

« They are not your brothers . They are my sons , my precious sons . A bastard like you can't be their sister . »

The woman chuckles . « No need for insults , Lambert . I'm not here to argue about facts , I just want to warn you that if you don't inform them about my existence I will . »

My eyes widen when the woman mentions Iker's father .

They have a sister ?

One they don't know about !

For some reason I squeeze Kane's hand tighter , his thumb grazes my hand reassuringly but the new piece of information stroke me like a fierce thunder in a dark sky .

« Do you really think they'd care ? » Mr Lambert asks with apparent contempt in his voice .

« That's up to them . But at least they will know and get a chance to decide . » She walks away with her heels echoing over the empty library , with my shallow breaths I feel like the old man might hear me . But he just stands there since we didn't hear the sound of his cane and tired footsteps yet .

I don't know for how long me and Kane are going to stay pressed together , but I could feel his discomfort and ...

Oh God no !