2| The face-off

A Sunday treat from my side 😌 and yours is to VOTE! Enjoy!

~

Preeta was emotional, when she stepped down the plane and looked around to see that she had landed in her country.

The decision was not easy for her to leave her own country and to settle down in another country because of her personal reasons.

The two years were neither special nor made her happy.The only thing she did was to suffer-work and repeat on Loop.

But now it's different, she felt home after years and she twitched her lips as her heart beat rose as soon as her mind ran back to him.

She knew he was here!

Is he single? Yes he should be!

Does he still Love me?

Yes! How can he forget me?

Her mind replied causing a smile to adore her face, but it faded listening to the voice.

"Preeta mam"She came back to senses listening to their driver's voice and nodded to him as he took her luggage.

"Take me to the hospital first"She said after sitting inside and looked outside the window to breath in the air peacefully.

After another half and hour she reached the hospital and ran inside.Their manager came to her and took her to the room where her father was admitted.

Her eyes moistened seeing him laying on the bed.She had never seen her father like this.She saw him working, making business trips without getting tired.

This ached her heart and she took slow steps before reaching him.

"Dad"She whispered sitting on the chair not wanting to disturb his sleep.

But listening to her meek voice, her father woke up and slowly turned his head to look at her.

"Princess"He whispered in surprise and looked at her.

"Kya kar liya hai apne.Kaise hua ye sab haa? Why dad?"Preeta sobbed as tears slid down her eyes seeing the saline attached to his wrist.

"Kuch nahi hai, I am fine Princess.Abh tum aa gayi ho toh mein thik ho jaunga"Anand said causing Preeta to look at him with tears.

He tried to sit and Preeta shook her head.

"No aap aise hi raho"She stopped.

"I am fine.Help me"He said causing Preeta to hold him.He sat as Preeta placed a pillow behind his back and smiled at her.

"Kuch nahi tum mere paas nahi thi toh, I was feeling sick.Abb tum aa gayi ho toh mein sach mein thik ho jaunga"He said causing Preeta to sob more.

"Dad"Preeta whispered shaking her head.

"I know Preeta.Meine tumhe bohot baar akela choda hai.I mean mein bas business trips ke naam se bahar hi rehta tha.And jab tum mujhse dur gayi toh I started realising what daughter's absence feels like.I am sorry if I hurt you Princess"Anand said causing Preeta sit on the bed and hug him.

She placed her head on his shoulder and started to cry.She had so much pain in her heart and she didn't even know for what reason she was crying.It was like all together and she was a crying mess.

"I am sorry for leaving you alone dad.I am sorry"She whispered while crying and her father caressed her hair before making her look at him.

He wiped her tears and Preeta slightly smiled looking at him.

"Abb tum yahi rahogi hmm"Her father said and Preeta nodded confirming him.

"I will"She replied with a smile and lowered her head.