Derelict

NOTE ABOUT THE NOTE BELOW:  I have managed to really confuse things, I think.  I had thought I would leave this section as the last and slip new chapters in before it.  The result is that people are missing what follows. So, NOW HEAR THIS:

THERE ARE ADDITIONAL CHAPTERS AFTER THIS SECTION!

We now return you to our regularly scheduled broadcast.

NOTE: This section was (until Sept 22, 2015) the first section to be read. It occurred to me that I would really like the first thing people read to be the actual story itself, so I have moved this to the end.  I really hope all that makes sense.  Also, I appreciate all the comments and notes about items needing to be corrected.  I think I will concentrate on getting the story complete before going back and tweaking per your comments.  I find I get bogged down in editing and re-editing and never seem to get fresh stuff written.  We'll see if this approach works...

******************

Thanks for stopping by!  I would surely appreciate it should you like this story to give me a big fat vote and maybe even follow me.   If you do, I'm positive all your wildest dreams will come true.  Wait.. didn't Pedro say something like that in Napoleon Dynamite?

This story started a long time ago and has gone through many incarnations, most of them dreadful if truth be told.  My only hope is that this version is a notch above dreadful.

As an aspiring author I find myself to be a greedy, needy piglet in desperate need of approval from readers.  Which means, I'm probably exactly like every other person who has tried this...

Anyway, have fun reading and don't forget to vote!