Chapter 01: The dismay

Sarah and her parents set off for New York. It was a long journey there all she was thinking about was her friends,her school and how much she'd miss all that. Cass and Jess had become a very huge part of her life. Although her aunt Melanie was there for her and she could tell her anything but not just anything. She felt mad as much as she was sad she was really gonna miss them.

When they got to New York in her father's Rolls Royce,they went to the hospital where they would be working and met the real estates woman, Clara who offered to take Sarah home because her parents had some paperwork to do. The place was big really big and had so many different features that Sarah had only seen on TV. Although she wasn't as excited she liked the place. Clara left her with the different sets of keys for the house. She then left. Sarah was just exploring the house when there was a sudden knock on the door. She hurried to the door and it was a tall young man named Tom Waterson who lived next door. Handsome,cute,pink lips,smelled amazing and looked like some type of ken doll. Sarah was just mesmerized to see such a person. "Uh my name's Tom I'm your neighbour welcome to the neighborhood"he said with a stern brass voice that she could probably listen to the whole day. Sarah was just looking at Mr Waterson and just kinda starring into his soul without him knowing. "Uh you live alone or?" said Tom kinda breaking the silence. Sarah still just enjoying the view didn't even notice she was drooling,comes back to reality. "Uh nah...I live with my parents but they aren't here right now wanna come in?" She asked. "Honey let's go we gonna be late for the appointment"said a woman's voice in the car on the street near the gate of Sarahs house. "No I can't cause I gotta go maybe some other time" Tom says while walking towards the gate.

The woman was his girlfriend Brittney, a blonde,tall and sexy woman with hair so bouncy it could knock anything out of its way. She was like some model from a teen magazine. Sarah stood her on the doorstep looking at Tom walk towards the car,this Brittney woman then throws a kiss at Tom and he gradually takes it. Now maybe she did that to make me feel bad Sarah thought to herself. She closed the door and went upstairs to her room to unpack her clothes. Normally she would unpack everything but this time she didn't just in case her parents would decide that they are moving again. She sat on the bed listened to some music and kept snacking on some strawberries that were set up on the dining table by the Real Estates agency or agent Clara. She tried to text her friends but they were both offline,then later posted pics of them at the swimming centre in DC. She was not happy to see that her friends were having fun without her. They didn't even wait for her to be gone atleast for a day or two they just moved on like she never existed. She kept wondering if she ever meant anything to them. She was sad and blue for the rest of the night. Her parents didn't even bother coming home that night and so she was just by herself. She had voices of two people getting intimate when she checked out her window it was her neighbours Tom and Brittney making out. They were so loud that she even put her headsets on and just listened to music.

The next morning she woke up took a shower and got dressed in her black mini skirt and white crop top with her black and white Nike tekkies. She went downstairs and found a letter on the coffee table.

           Morning sweetheart by the time you
      Wake Up we'll be gone, we've already had
    Breakfast made some for you it's in the
      Microwave enjoy it please!
                   Love mum

Sarah was already used to these type of letters that her parents always left for her. I mean in this case she didn't even question anything. It was Saturday and most families would be having family gatherings, parties and basically having some quality time together but when it came to her family they hardly saw each other. She only saw her parents on some school days only because she woke up early and they left early. Sometimes she'd see them at night if they came back really late and she was still up. Some kids would actually love to be left alone by themselves and not be nagged constantly by their parents. Only if they knew that's what she'd always wished for.

She really didn't have much to do and so she decided to go out and take a walk. She walked down the road and before she could decide to go home a familiar voice approached her. "Hey Sarah right" it was the handsome neighbour Tom. "Yeah that's right" she responded with a huge smile on her face. "Where are you off to?" He asked, "Well I'm not sure really I just needed to be out that house". "Yeah it must be hard being alone most of the time right " he said "well how'd you know I was alone","I saw your parent's leave earlier we even had a talk about the neighborhood" he responded with wonder in his eyes about why she was asking him that but he tried every way possible not to show his curiosity. And so they talked for some time about the neighborhood and how interesting it could get sometimes. Sarah had never in her life had such a long conversation with an older guy and so she told him "Oh so older people scare you come on I'm not that old though" laughed Tom. "Yeah bu..." Before Sarah could finish her sentence Brittney pulled up besides them "Baby I've been looking for you we got somewhere to be remember" she said,"come on I don't remember us having any plans though" responded Tom in a cold way. It was in that moment that Sarah realised that this model lady found her intimidating and so as they were standing there arguing about not having any plans, she just jumped into their conversation"uh it's okay if you'll gotta be somewhere I'll just go home,thanks for the walk Tom it was refreshing" she said this while smiling and giving a really dirty look at Brittney and walked away. As she was walking away Brittney looked at her in a really nasty look,Tom on the other hand found that sexy and fierce of Sarah and the way she just walked away have him some thoughts about her. He got into the car and they drove off. The dismay wasn't anything to do with Sarah's personal feelings but Toms newly found interest.