Chapter 07 :Non more to it?

After that boring evening spent with Andrew, Sarah got home and decided to call Minty and ask her to come over. Minty told her she couldn't because it was late and she even suggested that they talked about whatever she was going through over the phone. Sarah obviously didn't want that and so they both agreed to talk about it when they see each other.

The next day after school Sarah and Minty went over to Mintys house. This was the first time that Sarah went to the house after that night,the same night that she had sex with Tom in the bathroom. The girls got in and found Brittney making dinner and so they didn't want to be in her way and so they went to Mintys room. They were finishing off their assignments that were due the next day so this meant that they'd be there for the rest of the day. They sat there are for about 4hours and once they were finished they decided that Sarah had to go home. When they got downstairs they found Brittney and Tom arguing about Tom not bringing back veggies that she asked him to get. Tom looked uninterested in the conversation, Brittney was very angry. When they saw the girls they stopped and Brittney angrily walked away to the kitchen to finish off cooking. As Sarah was about to leave Brittney insisted she stayed over for dinner and with Sarah not wanting to be rude,she agreed. When dinner was ready, Brittney set the table with Minty then Tom and Sarah joined in. They sat and it was rather quiet and weird especially because no one was saying anything, Minty broke the silence by talking about how her day had went. She and Brittney were the only ones talking,Tom was on his phone and Sarah was just sitting there and reading the type of environment they lived in. They were together but didn't have anything to talk about,and that's when she realised that her family wasn't as bad after all atleast they don't show up for dinner and they don't have to talk other than sitting at the table together but not having anything to laugh about or just even talk.

Sarah decided to excuse herself then Tom insisted on walking her home because it's not safe out there,so it wasn't weird at all.
They walked out and,

"Yeah you are one lucky guy"says Sarah breaking the silence between them.
"Meaning what exactly"
"Well your fiancee is such a great woman and your sister is just thrilling"
"Uh come on when it comes to Brittney,she's just way too much sometimes"
"But she cooks for you though and that counts"
"Food, she's really bad at that and you know it now"
"(Laughs) but atleast she puts effort and actually makes it."
"Yeah badly...she makes it badly"
"Her cooking wasn't bad for me"
"Oh really now,don't lie Sarah that oxtail tasted horrible and besides sitting at the table pretending like it's nice isn't something I'll do forever"
"That's harsh Tom,you know alot of people would kill to have what you have"
"What... Brittney?"
"No a family that actually shows up"
"Oh...but hear me out my family isn't that great I just don't want to be there"
"They don't have to be great Tom stop being selfish some of us out here would like to have that Tom,I'd kill for it "
"Oh this is about you...look babe I'm sorry that your parent's aren't always there for you but I can assure you that I'm here okay"

With Tom saying those words Sarah felt special she felt wanted. She gave him a very big hug...

"Thank you Tom"
"No thank you Sarah I mean if I hadn't met you I wouldn't be myself anymore, you've reminded me that there's more to life than just living and thank you for that babe"
"Tom come on...don't say that "

Tom stood there and looked at Sarah he pulled her closer to him and layed her head on his chest...

"Hear that,it's my heart beating and it only beats for you...your everything to me babe and I'd be lying if I said I don't appreciate you for being here"
"Tom...are you being for real right now"
"As real as I could ever be"

They hug and kiss. Tom gives Sarah a forehead kiss and tells her goodnight. She walks away and he stands there watching her until she enters the house. Sarah was so happy and very sad because she didn't know exactly what it is that's happening between her and Tom. She felt questioning it would ruin it and she didn't want that. Tom on the other hand felt whole,he felt so good about himself,he too didn't understand what was going on between him and Sarah but he just knew that he didn't want it to stop. He went back into the house and Brittney was washing the dishes...