❤︎ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 1: 𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓐𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓨𝓸𝓾

At the Three Broomsticks...

...

As the five of them were hanging out, Max tried to look at ease, still sad from Harry and Ginny's romantic interaction earlier.

Harry noticed that his best friend wasn't as happy as he usually was, his mood dropping just a bit.

"You alright?" Harry asked, noticing something was off.

Max shot his head up, "Yeah, of course."

Harry narrowed his eyes, as if knowing Max was lying.

"Don't lie to me." He said, before taking a sip of Butterbeer. He looked at him, wanting an honest answer.

He didn't reply. Hermione shushed him, "Now now, Harry, let him be." Hermione knew what Max was feeling.

Harry was a little surprised by her comment, taking a quick breath before looking at Hermione.

"I'm just worried about him." He said, taking another sip from his drink.

"Don't we all are?" Ginny said, smiling. Harry smiled back at her. This hurt Max a bit, since he was jealous + sad.

Harry looked down at his Butterbeer, taking a sip, before looking back up. His eyes met Max's, he could see the sadness.

"Is it about me and Ginny?" He asked, already guessing the answer. There weren't many things that could make Max so down.

Max looked at him, surprised, "Why would it be you two?"

"You just look sad for some reason. Usually when you're like that it's because we're being all lovey-dovey. You should see the look on your face when I'm kissing her." He said, chuckling a bit.

"No, I'm genuinely happy for the both of you." Max said, his fists clenching under the table. Hermione held his hand, calming him down. Hermione looked sad since she knew he didn't mean what he was saying."

Harry narrowed his eyes just slightly at the answer. It didn't sound right, but Max was his best friend. He trusted him. But, something about it just didn't sit well. He knew Max too well.

"You sure?" He asked, taking another sip from his drink. Hermione continued to hold Max's hand under the table, as if she knew something Harry didn't.

He nodded. Max's hand was trembling on Hermione's.

"Okay. If you say so." Harry was not completely sure about the answer, but he just dropped it for the time being.

"Is there anything else going on?" He asked. The fact that Hermione was holding Max's hand now concerned him a bit. She usually wasn't all touchy-feely, at least not with Max.

Max shook his head.

Harry saw the two of them holding hands, and he had a sinking feeling that he knew what was going on after all. This made him even more worried.

"Are you sure there's nothing else?" He asked, putting his Butterbeer down. He looked at Max, awaiting the answer.

Max nodded.

Harry took a long look at his friend. He knew he wasn't telling the truth. But, he couldn't prove it. All of his assumptions could be wrong.

"You sure?" He said, trying to convince himself more than Max.