❤︎ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 7: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓽𝓱

Harry leaves the Great Hall to talk to Max about it...

...

Harry went and started to look for Max, eventually finding him somewhere.

He then slowly started to approach Max, as he made sure no one else was watching them.

He felt incredibly nervous and anxious, as he prepared himself mentally to say the words.

Max looked up at him, "Yes, Harry?"

Harry gulped, as he stood right in front of Max.

"Um.. can I ask you something.." He asked, feeling quite nervous about this, but wanting to do it.

"Go on."

"Well.. when you.. yesterday.. I mean.."

Harry gulped, as he tried to find the words to speak.

"When we.. You know... I mean, was...."

'Okay, what am I trying to say here..?' He thought, feeling his mouth start to go dry now.

Max raised his eyebrows, listening.

Harry thought for a moment.

"When we.. kissed.. was it just.. out of.. you know.."

'Was it just impulse.. or did you actually.. feel something..?' He thought, as he tried to find the perfect words.

He sighed, "I felt something, Harry. Since our first year, it had always been you."

Harry gulped, as he heard Max's words.

'Since our first year..?'

He had heard the part about Max having feelings for him, but not about how he felt them since first year..

'So all the times I hung out with him since..' He thought, feeling like this was just too good to be true.

Max nodded.

Harry felt his heart race a lot..

'So.. he really has felt this since first year..?' He thought.

"I.. I had no idea.. I guess I was just busy focusing on the friendship part about it.. and not the other part of it." He said, as he felt a bit embarrassed now that he probably should've picked up on that part.

"Didn't... Ron and 'Mione tell you?"

"They told me you had a thing for me.. but I didn't expect it to be.. since first year.."

Max sighed, "You probably weren't listening."

Harry nodded, acknowledging that part.

"I'm still shocked.. about it.. all the times we hung out.. the times I sat next to you.. when I would hug you.. you felt more than just a friendship for me..?" He asked, feeling even more surprised by this information.

He nodded again.

Harry nodded also, as he tried to process all of this.

"I.. um.. don't what to say.. this is just still so shocking to me.. after all this time.. you still felt the same way.."

Harry thought back a bit, as he thought about all the times Max was there with him.

All the times they ate together, all the times they hung out.. All of those times.. Max felt so much more than a friend to him.