Rainbow

A/N: your John B's twin, you and JJ have a crush on each other!

I'm currently strumming the cords on my ukulele as everyone hangs around in the main room. My dad has gotten taken by Sinhgs men, so we all decided that we're gonna take Ward's plane to get him in the morning.

I look up and see John B and Sarah disappear into his room. Gross. I then see Kie, Pope, and Cleo go into my dad's office to look for cards.

"Do you know how to play over the rainbow?" JJ asks, his eyes flickering between me and the ukulele in my hands.

"Well, yeah." I say. I feel the couch dip next to me, JJ's arm brushes against mine. "It was my dad's favorite song. When he went missing— I learned it for him." I explain as I start to strum the tune to over the rainbow.

I can feel JJ's gaze on me as I play the song. It's like an instinct. I've played it so many times that it's as if the songs engraved into my fingertips.

I finish and look over at JJ. "Was that ok?" I ask, hoping he liked it.

His soft blue eyes are looking into mine. "Yeah, that was really good. I liked it." He quickly musters out, seeming to be flustered.

I laugh and shake my head, placing the ukulele gently down on the floor. "I've imagined myself playing it for my dad. You know, for when he is home." I say as I talk with my hands.

"You'll be able to play it for him soon." JJ promises. I smile and look away, appreciating his reassuring words.

Ever since we've gotten home from the island, there's been some type of vibe between us. It's kind of always been there, we just brushed it off as being best friends. I think we've both come to realize it's more than that.

"Actually Yn," JJ breaks the silence. "can I tell you something?" He continues.

"Yeah, anything." I nod.

He looks at me nervously. "I think I like you." He confesses. "Well, I know I like you." He corrects himself quickly.

"I like you too, JJ." I smile wide, my eyes scanning his lips.

Before I know it, our lips connect. His hands move to my waist as mine move to his hair. I grab his hand and lead him into my room.

I shut the door behind us before he falls back onto my bed. I straddle him as he grabs my chin, bringing my lips to his.

We continue to kiss but soon get interrupted by the door swinging open. "Fuck! Gross!" John B curls in disgust.

"Shush John B!" Sarah scolds. "Not a time to make out— there's a fire!" She exclaims as we stare at them, frozen in shock.

"Fire?" I echo, quickly snapping out of my trance.

"Yes! Now hurry!" John B nods as Sarah grabs my arm, hurrying us into the main room.

"Try that door!" Pope points at the back door.

I walk over to it and grab the doorknob, "Shit!" I hiss as my hand jerks back in pain.

"Yn, crap!" JJ says as he pulls me away from the door. I hold my hand as I scan the room.

"The window!" I say, spotting a window that isn't engulfed in flames.

"Stay back, I'm gonna break it!" Pope says as he throws his arm in front of us.

I see him grab a random lamp, throwing it at the window, glass goes everywhere before we rush over to the frame.

Everyone starts to hop out of the window, one by one. "Yn, come on!" JJ and John B say from outside, motioning for me to hurry up.

I look behind me and see that my ukulele is about to get burned— the fire has made its way inside. "Wait!" I exclaim, holding my hand out.

"What do you mean wait?" I hear Cleo ask as I run over to the couch, hastily grabbing my prized possession.

I turn around and see that the fire is spreading to the window. "Yn!" Someone shouts.

"Hurry!"

"Where is she!?"

"Get outta there, now!"

I run over to the window, noticing that JJ was about to go get me. "Thank God." He says as he helps me out of the window.

"Don't do that again!" Kie exclaims as we all make our way over to the big tree.

"Isn't on my to-do list." I murmur as I sit down.

Tears fill my eyes as I look at my home, which is now being burned to ashes. I've made so many memories in that house.

Now, the only thing I have that once was in the house is my ukulele and the pouges. The pouges will always be good enough for me— no doubt in my mind.

JJ looks over at me and pulls me close to his side. We all listen to the crackling flames as I hold my ukulele close to my stomach.

A/N: I never write make-out scenes so please ignore that part 💀