Panic

A/N: you're Kie's twin and you're dating JJ! TW: panic attack

My parents have always expected me to be perfect. My mom will fix my hair if a piece is out of place. My dad will always give me that look when I say the wrong thing to a customer.

It's just how they've always been.

So, it's no surprise that they're absolute freaks about my grades. Yn you need to ace this upcoming test! Yn you need to strive for greatness! Yn this and Yn that.

I'm currently staring down at pages of notes that I'm studying— I have a biology test tomorrow. My phone dings and I look over, there is a text from my mom.

Honey, can you please do the dishes? I'll be home in an hour. It reads.

Yep. See you soon! I reply with a huff.

I walk downstairs and over to the dishes. My mouth hangs open at the sight— there's at least twenty dishes on the counter and ten in the sink.

I quickly flip the sink on and start washing the dishes— soap covering my hands. I'm humming a song quietly as my phone dings, again.

I need you to cover a shift tonight at nine. It's from my dad.

Ok. Will do. I send back, getting overwhelmed with all of these requests.

Suddenly, I hear the front door open. I furrow my brows as I look over my shoulder. "Hey, babe!" JJ greets with a wide smile.

"Hi, Jay." I smile as I continue washing the messy dishes.

"I can help." He offers.

"It's ok, I only have a few left." I sigh. "Get yourself a drink or something." I smile quickly.

"Alright, want one?" He asks as he walks over to the big fridge.

"Yes, please." I answer as I continue to focus on my dish washing.

My phone dings for what feels like the tenth time this day. I look over and see my dad asking about why I got a B on my last algebra test.

I look down at my shaky hands as I let out a ragged, deep breath. I close my eyes and wish that I was surfing or singing in my room.

"You ok?" JJ asks, sounding worried.

"Yes— yes, I'm ok." I stutter as my hands start to shake even more.

"You don't look—" JJ starts as he walks over to me warily.

"God damnit! I said I'm fine!" I shout angrily. At the same time, a glass plate breaks in my hand, causing me to gasp in pain.

I look down and see blood covering my hands and the sink. My breathing starts to rapidly increase and I put my hand to my chest.

"It's ok. It's ok." JJ repeats as he hastily grabs a paper towel— coming to my aid.

My chest tightens as I basically collapse onto the floor. "I can't— I can't breathe." I gasp out as the blood on my hands start to cover my pink hoodie.

"I know." JJ nods. "Just... name five things in the room!" He adds as he pulls me close.

"A fork... oh and that yellow plate." I breathe out. "The flower vase," I swallow as I look around the kitchen. "and that carpet, and that door." I finish, my breathing starting to return to a normal pace.

"Good. Nice job." JJ compliments me as he presses the towel down onto my big cut. I wince silently. "Shit, sorry." He apologizes.

"No— I'm sorry." I apologize in a whisper. "I'm a total and complete wreck." I continue.

"No— no you aren't." He shakes his head immediately. "Don't say that." He adds.

"I am— really I am." I swallow hard. "Mom and dad want me to be a flawless and full proof kid." I explain. "And I am not that." I mumble.

"Nobody is flawless or full proof." JJ corrects me.

"My parents are." I supply.

"No they aren't." JJ furrows his brows. "If they were flawless— they wouldn't be so demanding and controlling." He points out. I nod.

"Well, maybe you're right then." I admit, a small smile creeping onto my face.

"Maybe?" He echoes. "I always am." He jokes. I laugh lightly as he helps me off of the floor.

"Let's get this cleaned up." He says, nodding towards my red hand.

"That would be helpful." I weakly smile at him.

When I'm with JJ, I could be myself. That's why I love him. Matter of fact— I'll always love JJ.