Love and Loss

A/N: you're Sarah's twin and you're dating JJ! Tw: thoughts of suicide. If any of you ever need to talk to someone, my messages are always open! Also, if this topic is triggering, please do not read.

I'm currently laying in Kie's guest bed— staring at the ceiling. John B and Sarah just died in a big storm and I can't seem to pull myself out of this bed. I also can't seem to step near my home. Well, I wouldn't call it my home anymore.

I've been in this bed for what has felt like years. The only time I've gotten out of it was to take a shower— Kie managed to convince me.

It's not like I want to smell bad and be unhygienic. I just can't do anything. All I can think about is Sarah's scream over the radio before it went static. Also, John B's heartbreaking shouts at my father before everything went to shit.

These memories make me start to tear up. Before I know it, I'm a tearful mess. I dig my palms into my face as I silently sob. First, I lost my best friend and twin sister. And second, I basically lost my family to my dad's lies.

I grab my phone with my shaky hands and sneak out the window. I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing but I need to go somewhere.

Somewhere I can escape.

After running through the chilling rain, I finally make it to a random beach. I collapse onto the soggy sand— phone in my lap.

It's dark outside and the only thing illuminating the ocean is the bright moon. I stare at it and so badly wish that John B and Sarah could somehow just sail to where I'm at. I just want to hug them both and apologize for my father's horrible lies and actions.

I grab my phone, which is now wet, and I call JJ. It rings one time before getting picked up. "Where are you, Yn?" JJ asks loudly.

I wince at his tone. He's probably mad at me for vanishing. "I don't know." I truthfully mumble as I scan my surroundings. I have no intentions on leaving anytime soon.

"You need to come back to Kie's." He semi-harshly says into the phone.

"I'm sorry, Jay." I suddenly cry. "I'm so sorry!" I sob into the wet speaker— he probably can't even hear me anymore.

"What are you sorry for, Yn?" He asks, his voice quickly going soft once he hears my cries.

"For all of it." I whisper. "I'm sorry for my dad. I'm sorry for suggesting that they leave that night, when they could've hid out for a little longer." I ramble on, my breaths getting quicker and my cries getting louder.

"Baby, you can't blame yourself for your dad's actions." He points out— I can hear a heavy door shut in the background. "And you didn't know about the storm... it's not your fault." He adds.

I close my eyes and try to collect myself. "I have to go, JJ." I abruptly sigh. "I'll see you... soon." I hesitate at my words. I quickly hang up.

I don't even know what I plan on doing, I just can't deal with this any longer. I stand up and look around— I notice a long dock that stretches out to atleast fifteen feet of water.

I stumble down it and look down at the deep and dark water. I look over my shoulder and think for a few moments.

"Yn!" I hear someone shout, I see JJ.

"JJ, stay back!" I shout, holding my arm out as I see him step onto the dock.

He holds up his arms in defense. "Don't do it." He pleads. "You're not thinking straight, babe." He adds, his voice evident with fear.

"I'm thinking the straightest that I've been thinking in days." I retort as I look down at the water, again.

"Come on..." he almost whispers. "I've already lost my best friend— I can't loose the love of my life." He continues with a deep breath.

"You love me..." I trail off with furrowed brows. We've never said it out loud. Now that he's said it, it's almost like I've gotten cold water splashed onto my face.

"Yes! I love you." He nods as he slowly starts to walk up to me. "Let's just talk about it." He adds, referring to what I'm about to do.

I look down at my hands before slowly turning around and walking over to him— collapsing into his strong arms.

"I can't do it, JJ!" I exclaim, sobs racking my weak and tired body.

"I know." He mumbles into my hair. "You'll be ok, though." He soothes. "We'll all be." He whispers.

"I love you, JJ." I quietly mutter through tears.

"I love you, Yn." He smiles as he cups my cheeks. "I always have and I always will." He adds.

Love— it can be a powerful word. Good and bad.