Chapter 11: Evacuation

Austronesian Empire, Majapahit, Nusantara, Streets Of Nusantara.

2000, 1, 1st Week, January.

Little by little, communication among the various parts of Austronesia was being restored

Little by little, communication among the various parts of Austronesia was being restored. However, there was still no word from any other nations known to earth. It's as if the storm completely cut them off from the outside world. Despite this, they didn't have enough time to idle and so with all the reports coming in, the government was forced to order a full mobilization of the military to restore order throughout Austronesia, even if the storm were as violent as ever.

To make sure of the safety of the equipment, the soldiers were equipped with amphibious armor and vehicles. In the other parts of Austronesia where the flood was severe, the soldiers were forced to use an amphibious boat with amphibious armor to support them. Throughout Austronesia, soldiers were being mobilized to duty.

On a partially submerged street of Nusantara was a company of soldiers waiting for reinforcements. They were stationed at various floors of the house to maintain strategic views of their surroundings. They had abandoned the flooded streets to preserve their ammunition from being washed away, so they took refuge in houses lining the street to allow for a wide view of their blind spots.

It has now been a few hours since the time of distribution of higher class forms of communication devices, unfortunately since they were so far away from the command center, they weren't able to get one for the meantime. However, they knew that sooner than later reinforcement would arrive.

Hours had already passed and there were no fresh attacks from the monsters. The sudden absence of attacks left the soldiers extremely puzzled and wary. Just a few hours earlier, the monsters were attacking relentlessly. Now they have completely stopped. It is just so confusing for the soldiers.

Observing that the situation has calmed down, the soldiers entered back inside the houses as outside was so cold that you could practically store a salmon outside and you will be able to eat it afterwards. Earlier, they were all stationed at the different parts of the balcony and windows of the houses.

Now they have closed it and waited for the reinforcements, and furthermore, they were just watching on the windows to know if there will be another wave of attacks from the monsters.

Those soldiers that weren't doing anything sat down in a circle, talking amongst themselves and keeping each other's spirits up.

"Hey Carmel, what do you think is happening all around Austronesia? Just earlier they announced to the civilians to evacuate immediately, and now there's a sudden announcement of a catastrophic level of storm forming in the middle of Austronesia?" one of the soldiers, who appeared to be a Caucasian with a striking muscular body asked.

Another soldier, who appeared to be a white man with a long beard, interjected, "It's probably the Armageddon, Dallas. The end of the world is upon us and we're the first ones to perish."