•.°○𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝘁𝘀?○°.•

°○ᴀ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ ᴅᴀʏ? ᴡʜᴀᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ?○°

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Spider Queen sat on the couch, tapping her finger against the coffee table as she waited for the human to come back from the kitchen.

"So what was so urgent that you came here? Not that I'm complaining, no offense but your base reeks."The human said, wandering back into the room holding a small tray with two cups and a teapot, placing it down on the little coffee table, putting one of the cups infront of her as they sat down aswell, their red eyes watching her in boredom as they waited for her to continue.

The spider Queen scoffed at the human's (truthful) remark but took the cup of tea anyway.

"Bad news, mystery lady is almost done with whatever machine she's making." They paused frowning as they hummed in acknowledgment.

"How close to done is it exactly?" They asked whilst deep in thought.

"Three objects left till done." She said looking at the cup of tea before taking a sip of it.

Hm not too bad. Slightly sweet yet it had a taste she couldn't exactly describe except comforting.

"Well she needs the staff for it, if she can't get it I don't think we'll have to worry much about." The [h/c] said shrugging their shoulders as they placed their cup of tea back down.

"Then again I'm not doing anything about it really, so I suspect that either her or her henchman will get the job done eventually." They said sighing as leaned back against the couch.

"Got any ideas on what to do about them?" They asked looking back at the spider queen who looked at them chuckling before placing her cup on her lap.

"Of course, no one fools me and gets away with it." She said as she continued.
"I'm going to get rid of that 'little lady' myself." She said slamming her fist on the table.

"Yeah, good luck with that." They said rolling their eyes.

"You got a better idea human?" She said glaring at them as they just sighed.

"Look, no offense but rushing in and attacking... whatever she is might not be such a good idea." They stated as they got up.

"Listen I need to go soon but in my opinion maybe lay low for now at least. Hell maybe even try to find a new base without either of them knowing." They said looking at the demon as she just looked at them.

"Something tells me she's probably got a backup plan incase things don't go her way." they finished before grabbing their cup and going back to the kitchen leaving the demon alone to think over their words.

"probably got a backup plan" Spider queen looked at the human who was busy putting away their cup to wash, grabbing something from the cupboard as they went on with their chores unbothered.

Hm.

Geuss they didn't know

。・゚゚・・゚゚・。

"Sorry for being late, I got caught up with... stuff." You said scooting in on the bench, sitting on the outside besides Mei.

"Don't worry the film hasn't even started yet!" MK said giving you a thumbs a up.

You raised a brow a bit confused.

"Uh, wasn't this a shadow play?" You asked raising a brow, now it was his turn to be confused.

"Huh? No it's a movie." He assured as now the both of you were unsure of who was right until a man (Tang you think?) With glasses confirmed who was right.

"Whaaat?? Puppets?? I thought we were seeing monkey cop the movie." He said pulling out a poster from somewhere.

"Uh, look at the back." You said staring at the back that had the puppet play advertisment on it.

Mk then grumbled in disappointment at that fact.

He then looked elsewhere, where someone grabbed his attention.

"Oh Mei! Isn't that the guy who gave us that weird key?" You raised a brow looking past them immediately feeling annoyed upon noticing who said person was.

"And I'm still sure he isn't actually the mayor." Mei finished making you raise a brow.

"He's the mayor?"

He then looked over to your group given his usual creepy smile and hello.

"Eh well that's not creepy at all." Tang said as he judged him.

You just watched as he kept watching your group feeling the judgment radiating off of his staring, not to say you weren't doing the same but still his was just so uneasy, you swear he's not even blinking.

You decided to just ignore the mayor and listen in on the monkie kid's conversation with the others.

"Just yesterday you blew off checkers night because you needed to study, study what I might ask?" The amount of questioning making Mk stand up in what seemed to be stress?

That was a weird sight to see, he was always so cheerful and carefree every time you meet. You wonder what could've caused this sudden change.

"Just- I need to be ready."

"Ready for what-" pigsy asked but before he could get a response the lights started to dim indicating the play starting as he got shushed by Tang.

A weird noise passed by you making you look to the side in the empty aisles, an uneasy feeling growing on you.

Seemed like everyone was getting the same feeling as everybody was getting scared, you held onto the edge of the  seat not knowing where else to put your hands as you dug your nails into the wood turning your attention to the stage.

The curtains on the stage opened up, revealing a hooded man holding onto a glowing lantern that casted a bright purple light that illuminated the whole stage.

"Welcome viewers, to a shadow play. The likes of which have never been seen." A shadow background was created intriguing you on how he was doing that.

"It follows the tragic tale of a legendary warrior, and how those who bring light into this world inevitably bring darkness to those they hold dear."

The visuals of the warrior being consumed by shadows made you fascinated with how this story was going to play out aswell as the way he created these shadows.

Mk ran out suddenly but you were more focused on the play to wonder where he went.

"Like light, heroes bring warmth, hope and friendship." A blinding light followed by a strong wind made you all shield yourselves trying to see what was happening but before any of you could realise what was happening, darkness consumed your vision as well as all your senses.

"But they also give life to the darkness."

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

PART 1/2

ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ : √ 28/05/24