『 Chapter 59 』

The days turned into a week, but Giancarlo was still not waking up, so Yuri's worries increased with every passing moment.

Everyone around her seems to be walking on eggshells, afraid to say or do anything that might upset her further. They could see the toll Giancarlo's condition was taking on her, both physically and emotionally, and even Favio had mellowed down in his usual nagging that she should take care of herself.

The only consolation she had was knowing that she had managed to bring those responsible to justice. Cassius and Scott were even able to make up a story that would justify her killing Luigi Torricelli, although in a few days she needs to testify in court.

There was a major shift in power in the Costa family too, as many of the key members of the Torricelli family had been arrested or eliminated. With their leader gone and their operations disrupted, the remaining members were scrambling to maintain control and avoid further attention from law enforcement, but they failed miserably. The turfs that were once controlled by the Torricelli family were quickly taken over by the Costa family, and there were no rival families who dared to challenge their newfound dominance.

"I already have the apple juice you requested. Is there anything else you need me to get for you?" Favio said, placing the bottle on the table.

Yuri hurriedly grabbed the bottle of apple juice and took a long sip. Favio's eyes widened, seeing that she had almost finished the entire bottle in one gulp.

"You must have been really thirsty, Signorina. I have never seen anyone drink a whole bottle of apple juice so quickly before." Favio chuckled, impressed by Yuri's thirst.

"I have been craving apple juice these days, so thank you for getting it for me."

Favio smiled warmly at Yuri. "I would send a lot of those to the villa so that you can have as much apple juice as you want. But for now, I hope you will give me the honor of accompanying you to lunch. There is a restaurant nearby that serves delicious Italian cuisine. I think you would enjoy their pasta dishes and homemade pizzas." Yuri's eyes lit up at the mention of Italian food.

"Alright, let's do that!" she exclaimed with exasperation, then looked at Giancarlo to give him a kiss on the forehead.

"We will be back before you know it," she said, then allowed Favio to lead her towards the restaurant, which is just across the hospital. She also brought a bottle of apple juice with her.

As they walked, Yuri couldn't help but imagine the mouthwatering flavors and aromas that awaited them at the restaurant. She doesn't really want to eat, but the mention of pizza changed her mind. The thought of gooey cheese, tangy tomato sauce, and a crispy crust made her stomach growl in anticipation.

It looks like Favio had made a reservation, as they were immediately seated at a cozy table by the window. The restaurant was bustling with activity, and the tantalizing smell of freshly baked bread filled the air.

"I am glad that you accepted my invitation, Signorina. You look a little pale, but overall, you still look beautiful. So, what flavor of pizza would you like to try first?" Favio asked, showing her the menu.

Yuri perused the menu, her eyes scanning the various options. The Margherita caught her attention with its classic combination of fresh basil and gooey mozzarella, but the other flavors also intrigued her. The aroma of the restaurant's specialty, the Quattro Formaggi, wafted past her nose, tempting her taste buds.

"How about we try each one and have a pizza-tasting adventure?" Yuri suggested with a playful smile. Favio nodded in agreement, laughing at her enthusiasm.

"For the pasta, hmm, I'm torn between the traditional spaghetti carbonara or the rich and creamy fettuccine Alfredo," Yuri pondered, her mouth watering at the thought of both dishes.