『 Chapter 61 』

The tests returned normal, so after staying in the hospital for another day, which was Yuri's decision, Giancarlo was finally discharged and allowed to go home. The doctor assured him that he had fully recovered and advised him to take it easy for a few more days to ensure his continued well-being.

The mood in the villa drastically changed after Giancarlo's discharge. The worry and tension that had filled the air for days were replaced with a sense of relief and joy. Yuri and Hana even threw a small party to celebrate Giancarlo's recovery, which Cassius and Scott also attended, even though it was an awkward situation for them given that the place is filled with mafia members.

Yuri couldn't be happier spending time with Giancarlo. They are always together, and the only time they were apart was when she had to go to court. Giancarlo wanted to go with her, but Cassius and Scott did not allow it, as they believed it would not help the situation if they were going to be seen together.

Even though she has lived in New York ever since their family moved there, she has not been able to explore the whole city and experience everything it has to offer, so Giancarlo and her are constantly discovering new places and trying new things together. They could have been a normal couple, going on dates and exploring the city freely. However, given that Giancarlo is a mafia boss, Favio and some of his men are constantly keeping a close eye on them.

"I want apple juice," she said when she felt thirsty while they were going for a walk in the park. The place is bustling with people enjoying picnics and playing games. Children are running around, chasing each other, and laughing. The sound of music fills the air as street performers entertain the crowd.

Giancarlo quickly signaled to one of his men, who discreetly went to fetch a fresh bottle of apple juice and water for her. As they continue their walk, she sips on her apple juice, feeling grateful for the moments of normalcy after what they have been through.

"I notice that you have been drinking that apple juice a lot lately. Make sure that you still drink water. Even though it's made from fresh fruit, it still contains a significant amount of sugar. It's important to stay hydrated, especially in warm weather like this," Giancarlo reminds her, concerned about her health. She nods and promises to balance her apple juice intake with enough water to keep herself properly hydrated.

They sat on the grass and enjoyed the warmth of the sun. Yuri leaned her head on Giancarlo's chest and closed her eyes, feeling content and at peace. Giancarlo gently stroked her hair, cherishing the moment of tranquility they shared together.

"I am planning for us to travel to Sicily soon. I will officially introduce you to my family," Giancarlo whispered.

Yuri was about to take a gulp of her apple juice when she paused. "Vincentius said that your brothers will question your decision about taking me in as your wife. You just recovered too, so why don't we wait until you are fully healed before facing any potential conflicts?"

Giancarlo obviously wanted to argue, but these days, he tends to follow what Yuri wants, especially after seeing how angry she got when he disregarded her concerns when they were in the hospital.

He is not fond of being ordered around, but he knows that compromising and considering Yuri's perspective are important for their relationship. Additionally, he likes following Yuri's lead because he trusts her judgment and knows that she always has their best interests at heart.

"Alright, let's postpone the trip until you are ready too. There are a lot of beautiful places in Sicily too that we can explore together."

Yuri smiled at that. She had always wanted to go to Sicily as a part of her bucket list of travel destinations, although she did not expect that she would be going there with someone she cares deeply about.