『 Chapter 60 』

"I'm sorry for scaring you," he said, his voice sluggish but filled with warmth.

It's as if her eyes were a dam, and tears started to flow uncontrollably down her cheeks. She buried her face in Giancarlo's chest, unable to speak through her overwhelming relief and emotions.

"You shouldn't have come there," she managed to whisper between sobs. "How could I even live with myself if you did not wake up anymore?"

Giancarlo gently stroked her hair, his touch providing soothing comfort. "I couldn't bear the thought of losing you either," he murmured, his voice filled with anguish and affection. "You should've told me that you would do something like that. Did you not trust me?"

Yuri shook her head at that. "I just didn't want to burden you. I know it was already frustrating you that you couldn't touch Torricelli, so I thought I should handle it myself."

They parted from each other and looked into each other's eyes. Giancarlo wiped her tears with his fingers, tracing the trails of wetness on her cheeks.

"You have no idea how much I was worried when I figured that you were gone. I thought you were abducted, and I was ready to declare a war against Torricelli, but then I saw the footage that you left on your own accord. I died a thousand deaths at that moment because I thought that I pushed you away when I said that I liked you to be by my side."

Yuri felt a mix of relief and guilt wash over her as she realized that her actions had caused Giancarlo unnecessary pain and worry. With a heavy heart, she reached out to hold his hand.

"Regarding that, I want to talk about it," she started, her voice filled with sincerity.

Giancarlo shook his head at that. "No, we do not have to. I understand, of course, that you wouldn't want to be with someone like me as you will always be in danger. I know that you want to go back to Manila instead to start a new life, and since you have already achieved your goal, you have my full support."

Yuri narrowed her eyes and slightly pushed Giancarlo's hand away.

"I do not want to go back there. I want to stay here. With you," she said with her whole heart, looking deeply into Giancarlo's eyes. "Yes, there may be danger, especially that your family may not accept me, but who cares? I know how to fight and I can protect myself. I wouldn't want to be anywhere but by your side."

Giancarlo only looked at her as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "If this is just you feeling guilty about me almost dying, then you do not have to. I willingly put myself in harm's way, and I will do that again if it means protecting you."

Yuri knows that she is not supposed to be upset, especially since Giancarlo is already awake, but she couldn't suppress the overwhelming surge of emotions welling up inside her. She takes a deep breath, trying to compose herself before responding.

"Whether it happened or not, I was already determined to be with you!" she yelled, her voice cracking with raw emotion. "The day I disappeared, I was on my way to tell you that I would love to stay with you too, but I overheard you talking to someone about not being able to touch Torricelli without any concrete evidence! I heard that it would put everyone at risk if you did it your way, so that's why I took matters into my own hands!"

Giancarlo's face softened at that. He reached out and cupped her face gently as he gave her a kiss that quickly turned into a deep one, extinguishing the fire of anger that had consumed her. His tongue darted into her mouth, intertwining with hers in a passionate dance.

"I couldn't believe that this is real. Maybe I am already dead and this is heaven," he whispered against her lips, his voice filled with both awe and desire.