Chapter 1- Home

Okay so today's the day! I am finally back and I can't wait to see everybody!!! I finally reach the house and open the door to reveal my aunt Mary and cousin Kayla holding a big WELCOME BACK CLAIRE sign. They greet me and then Kayla steals me away so we can catch up on things.

"So how were things in California?"

"It was okay but not as great as it is here. Anyway, I missed you and how are you?"

Kayla says that she's okay and she finally has a boyfriend, Carter. My curiosity finally got to me so I asked her how is everybody. "Well, a lot has changed since you left..."
There is something that she's not telling me and I want to know.

"Kayla, what is it that your not telling me?"

"Alright but don't freak out". That's weird, Why would I freak out?

"Okay" I quickly respond.

"okay I don't know how to tell you this but... " She bites her lip and I know something is wrong that she's definetly not telling me, I can see it in her blue eyes.

"What is it Kayla? Just spit it out!" .She's hesitant to tell me but finally opens her mouth and quickly closed it. So I finally say something to break the sudden silence. "So, how's Andrew!" I ask eagerly to find out about my best friend.

"Ummm... He's a bad boy now and it's not good, He is full of himself now and charms all of the girls in school."

My mouth is hanging open in shock. "I have to see him, I have to see what he has become".

"I don't think it's a good idea Claire".

"And why not!" I protest

"because he doesn't want to see you", when those words left her mouth I was sad yet shocked I have to see him, I have to see what's gotten into him and hopefully knock some sense into him.

"Does he still live in his old house?"

"Yes, but I still think it's a bad idea Claire"

"I don't care! I have to talk to him"
I quickly leave before she can say anything. I grab my keys and drive over to his house. I finally reach his house and park. I knock on the door. He answers and I realize that he has gotten hot! He's got abs and those blue/green eyes that always shimmered.

"What do you want?" He said rudely. "You should know since your my best friend that I haven't seen or heard from in 3 years" I respond angrily. He looks me up and down and then realized who I am by my hair and eyes and then he slammed the door in my face and I am shocked, I could see it in his eyes when he opened the door that something was up, but the question is what exactly is up with Andrew?